Living in Cape Town the weather is pretty hot 6 months of the year which for me coming from London is amazing and I still feel like I am on holiday all the time. It took some time getting used to be in the hot weather for such a long period of time and there are certain steps we need to take during the summer months to look after ourselves. So here are my tips they are not rocket science but I think a lot of people don’t look after their skin and their hair or change their routine when its hotter:
- Wear sunscreen all the time and make sure you make up has an SPF and if it doesn’t then make sure you get a face sunscreen. I work on location a lot so its so important that I protect myself and the models.
- When swimming a lot make sure you re apply your sunscreen as soon as you dry yourself off.
- Change your shampoo and conditioner as your hair will get drier when its so hot. Opt for an intensive moisturiser shampoo and conditioner.
- Use a deep nourishing hair mask once a week.
- Spritz a leave in conditioner to get your hair really soft.
- Apply after sun especially if you have had too much sun and got burnt it will sooth your skin and help restore the moisture.
- Remember to protect your lips with a lip balm with SPF.
- Exfoliate your face and your body regularly to remove any dead skin especially if you are tanning a lot.
- Invest in a rich night cream to keep skin very hydrated.
Here are some products that I love to use:
Hope you enjoyed my post. x