I just filmed a trend video tutorial for beautybulletin.com where the key focus was the bright lip. I focused on pink lipstick because its a trend that is perfect for spring and summer and people find more wearable than red or orange. There are so many pink lipsticks on the market in all different price ranges. Here are my pink lipstick picks:
1) Bourjois Rouge Edition no 12 – I am a fan of Bourjois make up and I am absolutely loving this range of lipsticks and this beautiful colour. Its a bright pink more neon with a beautiful lustrous finish and a beautiful shine. It feels so light on the lips and feels really hydrating. Definite must have.
2) Rimmel Apocolips in 303 Apocoliptic – A bold beautiful blue based pink with a brush applicator that glides onto the lips when applied and feels luxurious. I love the texture and the finish and its very pigmented and all you need is one application.
3) Topshop Bombshell – This lipstick is matt so its really on trend as we saw matt lips all over ss13 fashion week. Even though its matt it doesn’t dry out your lips and feels really moisturising. Bombshell is a neon pink and has a real pop especially against a clean fesh face. This colour is great for medium to olive skin tones. I love it.
4) Revlon Just Bitten Kissable in no 20 Lovesick Passionnee – I recently bought this balm and I really was impressed. Its very similar to the Clinique chubby stick and a better price too. It has a beautiful glossy finish and is very pigmented which I was surprised about and lasts for ages. If you are not a big fan of wearing lipstick this balm is a great option and so easy to apply. Its a colour that is great for all skin tones so that is a definite plus for me.
5) Mac lustre in Venus – I love Mac lipsticks they dominate my make up kit. They have a great range of colours plus I love the quality. This lipstick is a very pretty pink and is a great option if you want to embrace the pink trend but rather something very subtle as opposed to the other lipstick picks. Its a shimmery sheer lipstick and feels great on the lips leaving them feeling really soft.
6) Mac Amplified in Fusion Pink – This lipstick is a deep bright pink and definitely one of my favourites and again great for most skin tones. It has a sheen to it and feels amazing on the lips and lasts some time. Its definitely more on the glamourous side of pink for those who want to rock the pink trend but want to stay away from the neon’s. A must have.
Remember not all pink lipsticks will suit all skintones and try before you buy to make sure the colour is right for you.
Hope you enjoyed my post. x