I recently met with Mac’s Senior Pro Artist Raine Tauber to chat all things Mac and see how us as makeup artists can work with Mac when it comes to shoots. I am always keen to hear from other pro artists what their favourite products are to use when working so I decided to ask Raine her top 10 Mac products and share with my readers.
1. M.A.C fix+: A wonderfully versatile botanical mist, use over, under or during make up to hydrate skin and ensure the end result is beautifully married to the skin.
2. M.A.C Face and body foundation: This ultra light and dewy foundation is barely detectable and helps skin look and feel it’s best.
3. M.A.C In Extreme Dimension lash Mascara: I love a voluminous lash, this large silicone brush allows you to catch & coat every lash for a dramatic look.
4. M.A.C Retro Matte Liquid lip color in Fashion Legacy: There’s nothing quite like a classic red lip and even better is one that lasts the day, this liquid to matte formula really holds up to my backstage lifestyle.
5. M.A.C prep and Prime Transparent Finishing Powder: Pressed or loose. This is an ultra fine almost invisible powder that I love to use on myself and models to minimise unwanted shine.
6. M.A.C #159 duo fibre brush: This has a combination of shorter firmer brush hairs and longer softer ones so it buffs liquid, cream or powder foundation onto the skin flawlessly.
7. M.A.C warm eyeshadow palette: This is a ‘go to’ palette for me backstage and for every day. It features a multitude of neutral warm eyeshadows in various textures and tones making it a great staple in my kit.
8. M.A.C eye pencil in Coffee: This pencil has a wonderful waxy texture making it easy to be lend but not too soft, it’s also in a great cool brown that suits many skin tones and eye colours. It can be worn alone or under eyeshadow.
9. M.A.C prep and prime 24hour extend eye base: This pretty much changed my life when it launched, it creates a great base for eyeshadow in any texture, it helps achieve colour intensity and really long wear with no creasing.
10. M.A.C clear lip glass: This is definitely a heritage product for us as it launched so long ago but is still one of the shiniest and long wearing clear glosses I have ever used. It’s great to pop over a matte lip colour so you get colour intensity and high shine.
Thanks Raine for your top products definitely going to get my hands on the fashion legacy red lippie and eye base have not tried these yet.