Summer is upon us here in Cape Town and swimwear is definitely very important in your key staple summer kit. As well as your swim ear your makeup for summer is also key and there is nothing prettier than a bright lip, bronzed skin and bronzed eyes. For this Cosmo editorial the look was all about 70’s glam so bronzer was the order of the day plus Mac morange and ruby woo lipstick for the lips to give the makeup a pop.
This week has been a full on beauty week going back to makeup and skincare oldies, painting faces and trying some new amazing products. So here it is packed into one post:
1) I do love a red lip and normally I am a matt red kind of a girl especially when it comes to me or on a shoot but this week I needed to create high gloss lips. The L’Oreal Extraordinaire Colur Riche in Ruby Opera is an amazing high gloss lipstick and even better won’t break the bank, I used this on my shoot and it looked amazing in front of the camera making the model’s lips look oh so juicy. I will definitely be wearing this one on a night out.
2) Even though I am sponsored by Dermalogica and I use their products when I am on magazine shoots, I also love a whole load of others and am forever writing about them. The Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream has been in my kit for some time but I have been trying out other products but this week I have been reaching for the Magic Cream for some of my shoots because really its the mother of all moisturisers to get that glowing dewy skin even before any makeup touches the skin. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff and yes its not cheap but its amazing.
3) I love to try new things out so when the Foreo Luna arrived this week the latest technology in skincare and winner of Swedish Elle for Innovation of the Year I got straight onto using it. I won’t go into too much detail because I am going to do a full review, but after 3 days of using my skin feels so soft.
4) I am a liquid foundation girl and I have quite a few brands in my kit and there are certain times when I am loving a certain one. This week my fellow makeup artist Nandi asked me what is my favourite one and its one I have been reaching for more and more, its an oldie but the Benefit Oxygen Wow Oh So Flawless foundation never fails me and makes the skin look so natural with a dewy but not shiney finish. Please can someone bring Benefit back to South Africa!!!!
5) My swimwear editoral for Womens Health South Africa came out this week. Its such a beautiful story and Jacques Weyers shot it so beautifully that I wanted to share it again with you. Its all about sun kissed skin with a whole lot of bronzer and these two beauties look amazing. If you are looking to cheat that glow bronzer will be your best friend but make sure its the right colour for your skin tone there is nothing worse than an orange face.
Hope you had an amazing week.
So the amazing weather in Cape Town is upon us! Very happy. Ladies its very important to be looking good when venturing to the beach. As well as protecting your skin and making sure you don’t get burnt especially on your faces. So here are some beach bag essentials that I love and you will to:
Puiz Buin Wet Skin Sun Spray: I have always loved this brand as it protects the skin and has such a great reputation as a brand. This product can be applied to either wet or dry skin and is extra water resisitant which I like especially if you are in and out of the water.
Puiz Buin In Sun Lipstick: Lips always need to be protected and the sun can dry them out and in some cases burn the lips. Puiz as part of their range have this sun lip balm with SPF 20 so your lips will be protected all day long.
Stila HD Bronzing Beauty Balm: This balm can be buffed into the skin to give a really natural healthy glow effect. At the start of summer most people are a little pale so we need to cheat the tan. Apply a small amount of the balm onto the back of your hand take a buffing brush and buff into your face like a bronzer so in a 3 shape down the sides of your face, your temples, your nose and chin.
Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Cheeks and Lips: I love this product as its a cream base that can be used to add colour to your cheeks and add some colour to your lips and you just need to use your fingers and its a great way to look really natural and pretty at the same time.
Chanel Healthy Glow Powder: A massive favourite of mine I have blogged about this product again and again and even done a tutorial. These powders are a great way to bronze up your skin subtly so whether you haven’t got a tan yet or you have a little bit of colour you can really enhance your colour.
Inglot Body Illuminator: As well as bronzing your face its equally important to give a little healthy glow to your body to give the appearance of a healthy glow and a little shimmer.
Dirty Works Facial Wipes: Wipes are really important to keep the face feeling fresh throughout the day especially if you are on the beach all day. These wipes are gentle on the skin and also have anti ageing properties.
Le Mer Le Mist: I love this mist as its a great way to keep your skin feeling fresh and hydrated and also helps set any make you have on. This spray will also give a little dewy look to the skin.
Toni and Guy Sea Spray Texturising Spray : For a beach hair look then spritz some of this spray into your hair once its wet and scrunch your hair into your hands to give that sexy beach look.
If you have any products that you love please share with me.
Hope you enjoyed your pst. x
So Spring is almost upon us in Cape Town and I am off next week to France for some sun and relaxation and although I have a slight tan from the few sun days we have had I want to cheat a little and make myself look really healthy. I will explain key ways to cheat a glowing tanned body. In my recent shoots the models with the pale skin needed to look healthy especially since we are shooting summer clothing. There are a few tricks I use to make the girls look healthy and glowing:
- Moisturise using a deep nourishing cream this is the first step to creating a glow on the skin.
- For your neck and chest area apply some Mac face and body with you hands to cheat some colour and make sure your face and neck are all matching.
- Apply some highlighter on your collar bone I love Inglots Body Shimmers or Becca Luminous Skin Finish especially if you are quite pale and don’t want to use a bronzer.
- Take a buffing brush and buff in the highlighter or a little bit of bronzer and buff down the outside of your arm to cheat that glow. For darker skin girls you can go for the dark bronzer and for paler skin girls go for something like Mac lustre drops.
- If you legs are looking pale you can also apply some Mac Face and Body on your legs and then buff a highlighter down your legs to give that extra glow.
Hope you enjoyed my post. x