New York Fashion Week for Spring/Summer 14 kicked off last week. I love this time of year when we see all the trends in hair and make up and new products that are being used. What we are seeing in the shows are bright lips, fresh pops of colour on the eyes, a variation of a smokey eye and cool hair styles and oh yes not to forget the nail trends that are stronger than ever.
So here are the key make up trends:
- Bright Lip: Oranges and purples are definitely key colours plus a little ombre bright lip which I personally love. The ombre lip we are seeing is a matt lip with orange as the base colour and in the inner lip a slight yellow in matt.
- The Smokey Eye using chocolates and beautiful bronzes paired with very cool nails. There is nothing more pretty than a bronze eye with a sparkle element to really make the eyes pop.
- Pops of colour on the eye. I love the clean skin and lips and cool colours used to make the eyes pop.
- The red lip is always on trend in either a bright red and deeper stained red lip. I just can’t get enough of a beautiful red lip with a white eyeliner to give it a modern twist.
- I am loving a little bit of the graphic eye paired with a bright lip and a bright nail. Very fresh and very modern.
- Textured hair with that almost grunge feel is back paired with a very clean face. Its a very natural undone look. Or alternatively textured hair with a bright lip.
- Sleek hair is very much on trend. I love this look as its very elegant and modern at the same time. Either in a sleek ponytail or a sleek structured up do.
- We are seeing plaits again but in a more romantic way and so easy to do at home.
- I am loving the modern updo’s I love the mixture of a plait and a twist it looks beautiful and very cool at the same time. When the hair is a big focus you can keep the make up really clean and pop with the lip.
- As always sleek waves are always on trend and I love the look with the side parting.
- The top knot has made a come back its such a pretty look and easy to create.
Watch out for the trends from London, Paris and Milan.
Hope you enjoyed my post. x