Its been almost two years since I started shahnazlvesbeauty which I can’t quite believe and I have to say I have loved every minute of it. When I started out I didn’t have a clue what I was doing let alone take a decent pic which I used my iphone by the way and photoshop well don’t even go there. I thought I would write a post to share with my readers on some beauty blogging tips that have really helped me.
By following other bloggers who have been around I have picked up tips and seen how they compose their pictures and applications to use I seriously have learnt a lot. So if you are thinking of starting one or have started already but hate the way it looks and want to change the look and feel or just get some inspiration here are the tips I have picked up along the way.
1) I am not sure if I will ever grasp photoshop but in the mean time two sites that have saved me are www.picmonkey.com where you can create your own collage or edit a pic and www.fotor.com They are the easiest applications I have used and if I can do it anyone can.
2) I do advise investing in a camera because it just makes the pictures look so much better and a picture is so much more powerful sometimes than the words. The camera I invested in is the Canon EOS 650D it has a touch screen which I love and also has a video option so you can also film some tutorials. I got mine at Orms they are currently running a special for R6695 so go check it out.
3) How your pic looks is so important and what I find is that if you use a magazine with a really cool picture as the back ground, a makeup book, a mirror, material or even a dress with an amazing print makes the products really stand out. Its taken me a while but I think each day I get better at it and a little more creative. Check out blogs like Nouvelle Daily they have it down when it comes to making a picture look great.
4) Social media is really such an important tool in the whole bloggong process because you can post your cool pictures and get more people linking to your blog and hopefully get new followers. I am a personal lover of instagram so if you not on it get it set up its worth it I promise.
5) Try collaborate with other bloggers especially those who have been around longer as their followers will potentially become your followers. I have done this by colloborating on video’s or ask them if they could do a post with you and you bothe share. Its really simple but very effective.
6) Key words are really important in getting your blog seen when people are searching on Google. Try repeat them throughout your post and then try add as many tags as you can with search words that people may use.
Watch this space for my second instalment of beauty blogging tips over the holidays.