So as you know if you have been following my blog I am always looking at ways to look younger (yes I am 37) and to have glowing skin. But not only for myself but to be able to find new products to really make the models skin look unbelieveable on a shoot. I am a strong believer that before you apply any make up you need to have a good beauty regime. Before putting on any make up on the models before I start the make up I fell what their skin is like and decide what to apply. For me its about radiance products when it comes to skincare and using make up that will give the girls a radiance.
In the picture of me I have used a few great products to really make me skin glow. So here is what I used. For skincare I have been using the Ren Hydra Calm range which I already blogged about that already gives me a great foundation even before I start. I went for certain products at Mac that really help give the skin a glow plus a few other products. So here are the steps that I used to try create a youthful glow (at least I hope I look younger).
- Prep skin (Ren Skincare)
- I applied the Mac Fortified Skin Enhancer in Adjust all over my face with a foundation brush.
- I applied the Mac Prep and Prime Highligher in Bright Forecast under my eyes, down my nose and on my smile lines and blended in using a Mac 217 Buffing Brush.
- I then applied the Maybelline Fit Me foundation all over my face using my fingers.
- For my cheek bones I applied the Topshop Glow Highlighter in Gleam.
- For my cheeks I mixed the Mac Mineralise Skin Finish and the Blush from the Topshop Cheek Duo in Desert Blush and sweep up along the apples of my cheek bone.
- I lightly contoured under my cheek bones using the bronzer from the Topshop duo dusting off any excess before I buffed in as I wanted it to be really subtle.
- To finish off the skin I spritzed the Mac Fix + to give the extra glow.
- I applied on my lashes Mybelline The Collssal Volume Express Mascara and on my lips Maybelline Whispers Lipstick in no 15.
Remember you don’t have to use the products I used there are a lot of brands that have illuminising products and shimmer blushes. You can use a BB Cream instead of a sheer foundation or if you suffer from oily skin take a product like Mac Studio Fix. Always try test before you buy to make sure the product suits your skin. For dark skin tones stay away from icy colours go for deep bronzes when it comes to highlighting.
Hope you enjoyed my post. x