This is a trend I really love and there are so many ways to work this trend from the dramatic midnight blue smokey eye, to the colbalt blue liner or a safer option of blue mascara. Either way all the looks really are beautiful and easy to achieve.
Colour is a big trend this season but sometimes the colours may be too bright or too bold. Blue is great way to try out colour and it looks pretty amazing on most skin tones.
Here are some products to help you achieve the trend blue look:
Products and Application Tips:
- Lancome Artliner 24HR: Launches in February 14 I absolutely love this liquid liner it glides on beautifully to create that perfect winged out look.
- Urban Decay Eye Pencil in Chaos: Sadly not available in SA. I love the brand and I love their eye pencils they are so easy to apply and glide on beautifully to create a cat eye or just add a pop into the waterline to give a little edge to your make up look.
- Top Shop Liquid Liner in Nightfall: A great budget buy I am a big fan of Topshop make up and the liners are great quality. This shade is a draker blue if the bright blue shades are too much.
- Mac Fluidline in Waveline: A great product to create a modern graphic eye or a winged out look. Apply with a small angle brush. Also can be used as a base for a smokey eye so apply on the lid up to the crease and then apply your brighter blue eyeshadow on top this will really make your colour pop.
- Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24HR Metal in Electric Blue: The best budget cream eyeshadows out there. Love this colour and love the texture. Its so easy to apply just take a flat brush and apply onto the lid and up to the crease and then blend in at the crease line so you have smooth edges. Its as simple as that.
- Mac Eye Pencil in Hi-Def Cyan: A bright turquoise eye pencil and a great way to really embrace the summer trends. Apply as a liner on the upper lash line and wing out if your wing is not pointy enough then take a cosmetic bud and create the shape you desire by wiping away with the bud.
- Mac Eyeshadow in Electric Eel: A beautiful bright eyeshadow. Remember when applying a shadow you need to prep the eye first don’t apply the shadow straight onto the lid as it won’t stay. To really make the colour pop apply a black gel liner onto the lid up to the crease and then apply the shadow on top with a flat brush and then blend in the crease. Your colour will really stand out.
Hope you enjoyed my post. x