Its All About The Brows
Brows seem to be one part of the face that a lot of the time gets neglected and its not just the every day women its some models too. The brows are so key to completing your whole look and if look after your brows you can really make you look amazing. The brow trend is here to stay especially when models like Cara Delevingne have these amazing brows. I filmed a brow masterclass a while ago but since filming I have discovered new products that I really like and wanted to share with you.
The image above is from a shoot I did with the lovely Sam Laskey and as you can see she has amazing brows. In this look I filled the brows using a brow kit and the Mac 263 small angle brush.
I never used to fill in my brows until I started working as a pro make up artist but I find filling them in makes such a difference. Most women I meet don’t even know where to start when it comes to grooming their brows so here is my advice and some tools and products I love to use.
- Make sure you tweeze or wax your brows. I personally get my brows wax as its quicker and not as painful. Don’t make them too thin as the majority of the time its not a good look the fuller brow is always more attractive.
- Invest in a brow brush so you can brush your brows into place this will make it easier to fill in. If your brow hairs are really long once you have brushed then then you can use brow shaping scissors to trim the hair.
- If you want a more natural looking brow then go for a shade lighter than your hair. For dark skin girls use a dark chocolate brown to fill in the brows. If you want to go for a really strong brow then go for a shade darker or 2 shades darker but only go for this if you are doing a smokey eye it will make the look more dramatic.
- You don’t have to buy a brow kit if you are on a budget you can use an eyeshadow but invest in some brow wax this will help keep the product and keep those brows in place.
- When filling in your brows either take then pen or angled brush and apply using upward motions following the direction of the hair. If you are using powder remember to take off the excess at the back of your hands.
Here are some products I really like and some budget options too:
Brow Pens: Mac Fling and Lingering, Suqqu brow pens (not available in SA) and Smashbox Brow Tech To Go and the Chanel Pencils.
Brow Gels: Mac Brow Gels and Catrice Brow Filler (budget option)
Brow Kits: Bobbi Brown, Smashbox Brow Tech and the Catrice Brow Kit (budget option)
Essential Tools: Mac 263 Angle Brush, Tweezerman Tweeezers and the Revlon Brow Set.
If you haven’t already check out my Brow Grooming Masterclass Video Tutorial.
Hope you enjoyed my post. x