I never normally do anything for the guys so this year I thought why not compile a gift guide for either the man in your life, your brother, dad or a best mate. Most of the gifts are a little pricey so let it just be a guide to you if you can’t think of what to buy. The guys are pretty simple they love gadgets, want to smell good and of course look good.
Its that time of the year again when I giveaway a few Christmas presses. So starting this week the first instalment is the Victoria Secret Bombshell Gift Box valued at R999 which includes the eau de parfum, body cream and perfume roller ball.
If you are struggling for gift ideas for your lady, your mum or a sibling and even a good friend then here is my first instalment of Christmas gift ideas some are on the pricier side but isn’t Christmas about spoiling someone at the end of the year? There are so many gorgeous beauty products and acessories out there it was pretty hard trying to choose so that’s why I am going to do 2 posts dedicated to Christmas ideas.
The Gorgeous Fragrance Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Yuzu
As you all know I am not a fan of fragrances even though they smell nice to begin with I pretty much find them too over powering for me until I smelt the Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Yuzu Eau de Toilette. Its light and fresh and basically is what I have been searching for.
The idea behind the fragrance is uplifting refreshing beauty that the Yuzu fruit brings to the senses and according to Elizabeth Arden “Green Tea Yuzu, captivates its wearer through bright notes of Yuzu zest, sheer bergamot, and sparkling lemon which meet an ethereal wave of green tea vapors and lemon tree petitgrain. Floating into the heart of the fragrance is a spirited freshness of Yuzu pulp accord that harmonizes with wild thyme, spearmint, black currant buds, green tea leaves and Tunisian neroli. The fragrance finishes with sensual notes of soft musk that blend together with ambrette seed and white birch.” I can’t say I can smell lots of these notes but whatever is in it I love it.
I love the fact that it has a citrus fresh smell and makes me think of the sun and summer, the potency of the perfume is strong at first but after a while fades and what is left is a beautiful smell that I can’t get enough of.
The Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Yuzu is already in stores and for a large 100ml bottle this beauty only costs R365 making it a bargain of note. Trust me ladies your man will love the scent.
Its been a long time since I did a beauty giveaway so I making this one a goodie for you lovely people and a great way to start the weekend.
So for one lucky winner you can win the following products:
- DKNY Eau De Toilette
- Aura by Swarovski Eau De Perfum
- Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Colour Eyeshadows in Seashell and Mystic Violet
So to enter the competion here is what you need to do:
- Subscribe to www.shahnazlovesbeauty.com
- Leave a comment on why you should win these products
- Only South African residents can enter
I will announce the lucky winner next week Friday 22nd August.
Mothers Day is just around the corner and if you are wandering what to get for your mum then here are a few ideas. Basically everything that I would love! And yes there are a few budget picks in there too:
1) Estee Lauder Lift & Firming Set R675.00 – A perfect set to treat your mum with to make her feel beautiful, includes eye cream, volume mascara, a lifting serum and a face and neck cream.
2) Jo Malone Lime Basil and Mandarin Home Candal R655 – I love the Jo Malone candles so if you just want to keep it simple but still want to spoil your mum with this amazing scented candal then this is a perfect gift.
3) Chanel le Lift R1500 – This is definitely a luxury gift and a product that I love so if you feeling like your mum is the best mum in the world and want her to feel totally utterly spoilt then the Chanel Le Lift is prefect.
4) Dolce & Gabanna Fragrance R780 – A fragrance is normally a perfect gift for anyone and this fragrance is in beautiful packaging and is a feminine mix of white flowers introduced by the feshmess of neroli leaves and the full bodied scent of White Amaryllis.
5) Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair R825 – One of my favourite night serums and definitely a treat for your mum to be able to her spoil herself and make her skin look amazing at the same time. Your mum will be waking up to beautiful skin every morning.
6) Rubybox R1000 voucher – If you really can’t think of what to buy a beauty voucher is also a good one then your mum can go spoil herself. Rubybox have beauty vouchers you can purchase maybe a R1000 is too high for your budget but you get my drift.
7) Ren Morrocan Bath Oil R425 – The Ren Morrocan Bath Oil is a great little spoil the whole range is absolutely stunning. The Oil nourishes skin and leaves it smelling slightly of roses, also helps relieve stress so your mum will be thanking you for making her feel relaxed.
8) L’Occotaine Ultimate Shea Collection R850 – This has been reduced in price so you can more for your money, a beautiful gift set consisting of hand cream, body cream, milk soap and foot cream so its a total spoil. Alternatively if its too much for your budget then you can invest in one of their amazing hand creams at R120.
9) Crabtree & Evelyn Rose Hand Therapy R360 – I love everything in the Crabtree & Evelyn store as they feel amazing but also smell amazing. The hand creams are a winner and a great treat to give as a present. This cream is enriched with the signature Evelyn Rose fragrance enriched with Shea Butter, Rosa hybrid and Rosa Gallica Extracts. The fragrance is uniquely scented with with Evelyn Rose petals and peach nectar, elegant jasmine and a violet accord, with accents of bergamot and amber.
10) Body Shop Cocunut Oil Body Scrub R130 – If you don’t want to spend much cash but want to show your mum you love her and appreciate her then the Body Shop scrubs are perfect. A great shower time spoil to make your mum feel and smell amazing.
I could go on and on for gift ideas but here is just a little inspiration. I know as a mum I loved to be spoilt too and beauty products they do the trick.
If you follow my blog this is the second time I am featuring perfumes, as I realise that so many woman love perfume and want recommendations of the good ones out there. These two Tommy Hilfiger perfumes the Tommy Girl Summer and Tommy Girl Brights landed on my desk a while back and immediately I loved the fun and bright packaging so sorry I am only writing about them now. But better late than never right.
Tommy Girl Summer is my favourite of the two but I really love both of them which is saying a lot as I am not a fan of perfumes I always find the smells way too strong for me. The latest edition of Tommy Girl pays tribute to summer traditions of sunny days spent the pool and warm nights spent by the campfire. The Summer perfume has a refreshing smell of summer with notes of citrus,apple and red fruits complimented by berry, apricot and pineapple. Its a limited edition for 2014 with a 100ml bottle retailing at R600. I love the bottle design and I love the cap its fun stripes, which for me is even more appealing as I am all about the visuals.
Tommy Girl Brights was inspired by fun, unexpected surprises and designed for women with a youthful spirit. With opening notes of lemon, lavender, geranium and black currant to create a tart, fruity tang. The heart note is a bouquet of jasmine, plush mimosa, opulent rose de mai and creamy iris. Leathery saffron, fir balsam and oakmoss ground the scent, with honey tea and white musk create a lingering presence. This perfume retails at R565 for a 100ml bottle. This bottle will be going to my mum as she loves a perfume that has a more floral smell to it.
So if you love perfumes then get yourself to Stuttafords or a Truworths and go test the Tommy Girl perfumes out.
This is the first time I am posting about fragrances purely because I am not a huge fan of perfume but when I was introduced to the Azzaro Club duo and really wanted to share with everyone.
Azzaro have launched the Azzaro Club duo inspired by the festive spirit of Loris Azzaro. Quoting from Loris Azaro “Life is a party…let’s drink champagne and dance on the table. I love everything that sparkles”. He was designer to the stars in the 70’s with an innate sense of the spectacular and distinct flair for the dramatic. He made no secret for love of parties after nightfall. To celebrate the party vibe that has made the label so successful, Azzaro have launched these club scents. They are scented emotions that beat to the carefree and unrestrained rhythm of the seventies to share between two.. to light up party nights or thrill the gods of the dance floor, under the exhilarahting disco ball lights.
Azzaro Club Women:
I love this perfume it has a fruity smell and isn’t too strong which a lot of perfumes are. There are 2 elements to the perfume the oriental electro facet which is a fruity freshness with a mixture of passionfruit bright tangy tones blended with pomegranate smooth and exotic notes.
The nocternal facet has a mellow and addictive woody texture with the softness of cashmere wood and the creaminess of black vanillaand the velvety feel of crystal musk.
I love the packing and I would definitely wear this smell it is sexy and sensual.
A very sexy smell. On the day of the launch when I smelt the men’s aftershave it was instant love all I could think of is how amazing this would be on my hubbie.
There are 2 facets to this scent the aromatic electro facet which is bursting with freshness with an energising lemon sorbet and biting green papaya. The nocturnal facet has a richness of hemp with its woody notes and aromatic aroma of Hinoki wood (native to Japan).
Love Love love it.
Both fragrances are available in stores at R655 each for a 75ml bottle. Definitely a great gift for someone you love.