In this video I am on set for Elle magazine SA this is the third and last instalment of tutorials for the March beauty editorial. In this video I show how to do an alternative graphic eye with the focus on the outer corner of the eyes. Its a trend makeup look seen on the catwalks so great for shoots or if you want to try something different.
This week has been a full on beauty week going back to makeup and skincare oldies, painting faces and trying some new amazing products. So here it is packed into one post:
1) I do love a red lip and normally I am a matt red kind of a girl especially when it comes to me or on a shoot but this week I needed to create high gloss lips. The L’Oreal Extraordinaire Colur Riche in Ruby Opera is an amazing high gloss lipstick and even better won’t break the bank, I used this on my shoot and it looked amazing in front of the camera making the model’s lips look oh so juicy. I will definitely be wearing this one on a night out.
2) Even though I am sponsored by Dermalogica and I use their products when I am on magazine shoots, I also love a whole load of others and am forever writing about them. The Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream has been in my kit for some time but I have been trying out other products but this week I have been reaching for the Magic Cream for some of my shoots because really its the mother of all moisturisers to get that glowing dewy skin even before any makeup touches the skin. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff and yes its not cheap but its amazing.
3) I love to try new things out so when the Foreo Luna arrived this week the latest technology in skincare and winner of Swedish Elle for Innovation of the Year I got straight onto using it. I won’t go into too much detail because I am going to do a full review, but after 3 days of using my skin feels so soft.
4) I am a liquid foundation girl and I have quite a few brands in my kit and there are certain times when I am loving a certain one. This week my fellow makeup artist Nandi asked me what is my favourite one and its one I have been reaching for more and more, its an oldie but the Benefit Oxygen Wow Oh So Flawless foundation never fails me and makes the skin look so natural with a dewy but not shiney finish. Please can someone bring Benefit back to South Africa!!!!
5) My swimwear editoral for Womens Health South Africa came out this week. Its such a beautiful story and Jacques Weyers shot it so beautifully that I wanted to share it again with you. Its all about sun kissed skin with a whole lot of bronzer and these two beauties look amazing. If you are looking to cheat that glow bronzer will be your best friend but make sure its the right colour for your skin tone there is nothing worse than an orange face.
Hope you had an amazing week.
This week has flown by as per usual and even though I am on holiday beauty never stops. It’s been all about new beauty purchases and new discoveries:
1) Getthegloss.com is always full off amazing infomation and the latest post is all about moisturisers being a waste of time. We all spend a lot of money on fancy creams in the hope to look youthful but in this post my eyes have been opened and now I am left very curious about moisturisers. Are they a waste of time and just blocking pores check out the post here.
2) If you haven’t already checked it out on my facebook page, here is a link to behind the scenes of the Elle Magazine SA Style For Less Editorial with 60’s makeup inspiration, bottom lashes, a thin liner on the top lash line and a nude lip.
3) I love bronzer its the one product I just can’t live without whatever the season. So off course my recent trip to Sephora meant I just had to purchase the Two Faced Bonjour Soleil Bronzer and Highlighter Palette. With both a matt and shimmer bronzer to choose from and a gorgeous highlighter shimmer shades all that can be applied with the brush provided. All I can say is yes please and bring on that healthy glow.
4) I love a smokey eye and there is no easier way than to create it with the Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon pencils for that easy smokey eye, I got my hands on the Black Diamonds shade which is a dark blue shimmer shade perfect for that sexy smoke.
5) I have been waiting for while to get my hands on the Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray. Finally I got mine as sadly you can’t get in SA. Its a spray that will not only add freshness to your makeup but set everything including eyeshadow. So want to go out clubbing and not have to worry about your makeup then this bad boy is for you.
Hope you had a great week.
The weeks keep flying by busy with beauty filled fun and photoshoots. So here is my week with products I love and what’s been happening in my life:
1) Elegant Magazine in the US are featuring my latest beauty story with the amazing Hilda who is one of the faces of Lancome. I created 4 different looks and featured one of the amazing jewellery brands we import from London Mawi. Am so excited to get featured overseas. Will post full story once its published.
2) Wet N Wild is a great budget brand especially if you thinking of starting your own personal makeup kit. I came across the Walking The Red Carpet Palette which includes a matt shade, 2 highlighters and some great neutral shimmer shades to create a beautiful day or night look and at an amazing price so you can look good and not break the bank.
3) I love sharing other video’s I come across and Matry Greenwell one of the UK Chanel brand ambassadors. Its all about glowing weekend skin in a few easy steps.
4) If you are a fan of Toy Nail Polish like me then you will be happy to know you can now buy online on www.toystyle.co.za each polish retails at R99. They have a beautiful colour selection including some sprinkles!
5) This week has been all about bright lipsticks for me. Its a perfect way to brighten up the complexion and makes me feel so better. This weeks favourite is Mac’s Lady Bug, if you looking for a bright shade you can’t go wrong with a Mac lippie.
Hope you had a great week. x
This week I have come across a great video to brighten your eyes, received some new beautiful products to test and been playing with some new makeup. So here are the highlights:
1) Charlotte Tilbury Bigger Brighter Eyes video is a great video I came across this week to really open up the eyes using tricks like adding a cream eye liner pencil in the waterline to make eyes look more awake, applying lots of mascara and using a liner that matches the eye colour and open the eyes up. Its a sexy look and also very pretty and one I will be trying on a shoot.
2) My Get The Look for the Elle Magazine SA 18th Birthday editorial went live on my blog this week where I go through each makeup look I created and products I used. From a contoured look to a plum smokey eye there are some beautiful trend looks for you to try out.
3) Clarins sent me their Bright Plus products in beautiful packing this week that I just can’t wait to test out. Normally I only write about products once I have tested but I just had to share because it looks so beautiful. The Bright Plus range is all about brighter, more translucent, flawless and even skin tone. Watch this space for my review.
4) Loving the new Smashbox 3D Always Sharp liners these are their latest edition to the always sharp pencils but these have a shimmery finish that give more of a 3D effect. Firstly I love these pens because you never have to sharpen them you twist the cap and voila they are sharp, they last for hours and are really easy to blend. Love
5) This is the first time I am sharing about another blog post but I wanted to share intothegloss’s post about mascara and why you need 3 different mascara’s on at the same time to get the desired effect. Mascara’s will never do everything you want so by applying 3 different ones you will get the lashes you always wanted.
Hope you had a great week.