In this month’s Elle South Africa I did the make up for the Style For Less swimwear shoot. The brief was retro make up with a bright orange lip instead of the usual red. So here is how I created the look:
- Prepped skin with Dr Haushka Light Day Rose Cream.
- For the fair skin model’s I buffed into their skin Nars Sheer Glow foundation and concealed with Rimmel Wake Me and Mac Pro/Conceal Paletter and for the dark skin model I buffed in Bobbi Brown’s stick foundation and concealed using Bobbi Brown creamy concealer.
- For the eyes I based the lids with foundation to ensure the eye shadow stays. For the fair skin models I applied from the Stila In the Light Palette Bare eyeshadow which is a matte ivory shade and in the crease I blended Bobbi Brown eyeshadow in Sable to create definition and for the darker skin model I used Chanel Healthy Glow Powder in no 60 on the lid and in the crease I blended chocolate shadow from the Stila In the Light Palette. To create the flick on the eye I used one of my favourite products the Mac Blacktrach Gel Liner using the Mac small 263 angle brush.
- I filled in the brows using Mac pencil in Fling for the lighter girls and for the darker model I filled in the brows using Benefit Browzing in Dark. For the lashes I used Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara.
- I contoured on the lighter girls using Chanel Healthy Glow Powder in no 40 and for the darker girl I buffed in Bobbi Brown shadow in Espresso and for highlighting for the lighter models I used Mac Irridescent Powder in Silver Dusk and for the darker skin model I buffed in Estee Lauder Pure Colour in Topaz.
- For the cheeks I buffed in Mac blush in Tenderling for the paler girls and for the dark skin model I used Mac blush in Fever.
- For the lips I used Mac lipstick in Morange.
- I moisturised the girls bodies and for the paler girls I applied Mac Face and Body and highlighted their skin using Becca Luminous Skinfinish and for the darker model I highlighted the skin using Inglot Face and Body Bronzing Illuminator.
- Nails I used Inglot nail polish in no 942 which is a Colbalt Blue shade.
Check out the behind the scenes video on the Elle site: http://www.elle.co.za/style-for-less-swimwear/
Hope you enjoyed my post. x