So my latest Elle Magazine Style For Less Editorial is out shot by Justin Polkey and the lovely model Emma Menteath. The clothes were very structured so the ladies from Elle wanted a flawless highlighted and contoured face and then a dramatic eye and brow. So here is how I created the look:
- Prepped the skin Dr Haushka Light Day Rose Cream
- Before applying foundation I highlighted the cheek bones with Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate
- I applied Georgio Armani Luminous Foundation in no 4 (cheaper option is Maybelline FIT ME)
- I concealed the skin under the eyes, on the cheeks and around the nose with Mac Pro/Correct Conceal Palette and Maybelline Wake Me Concealer.
- For the eyes I applied Mac Paint Pot in Groundwork and then created the smokey eye using the Mac Veluxe Pearl Shadow in Brown Luxe taking the darkest shade and blending into the crease of the eye and winging it out and using the taupe colour onto the lids. This palette is a limited edition so try the Stilla Natural Eye Palette to create the same effect.
- For the brows I went quite a few shades darker using the Mac Brow Pencil in Spiked and for the lashes I applied Benefit They’re Real Mascara.
- I contoured under the cheek bones with the Chanel Healthy Glow Powder in no 40 and I highlighted on top of the cheek bones and into the temple with Becca Skin Illuminator.
- For the cheeks I lightly dusted Mac blush in Sunbasque.
- For the lips I applied Carmex to hydrate the lips and then using my fingers I applied a nude Mac lipstick with a peach tone.
I hope you enjoyed my post. x