Recently I did a shoot up the West Coast and I got to do a modern graphic eye and instead of using black I went with a purple/blue gel liner for the lids which makes it much cooler. To create the eye you need a long wearing gel liner and an angle brush to create your shape. So here is how I created the look and the products I used:
- For the face I prepped the skin with Nars Luminous Moisture Cream to make sure the skin was glowing even before I applied any make up.
- I buffed in Bobbi Brown Stick Foundation using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I love using this foundation as it gives great coverage and lasts much longer on the skin. It was a hot day so I wanted the make up to last.
- On the eyes I used Mac Fluidline in Waveline and with the Mac 263 small angle brush I traced the product from the inner corner of the eye along the crease line then I pulled out and upwards, then from the corner of the outer part of the eye I joined the lines creating a triangle shape. Then I took a flat brush and filled in by patting the product on to the eye. Remember if you make a mistake take a cotton bud and some moisturiser and clean up along the lines to make it neat.
- For the brows I used the Mac Brow Pencil in Lingering and then for the lashes I used the Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes.
- I contoured under the cheek bone, along the jaw line and along the top of the forehead with Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate a cheaper alternative is to use a cream foundation 2 shades darker. I highlighted on top of the cheek bones abd along the bridge of the nose and on the cupids bow using Topshop Highlighter Gleam.
- On the cheeks I lightly dusted Mac Blush in Melba.
- Lastly for the lips I kep it nude using Mac Lustre Lipstick in Archetype. Remember to hydrate your lips first before applying your lipstick I am a big fan of Carmex.
I hope you enjoyed my post. x