I did a trend beauty shoot last week for a local South African retailer. One of the looks was the big trend velvet skin. This look is all about a flawless skin with a matt finish. But the difference with this finish is that the powders being used are the latest technology in make up.
Here is how you can create this look:
- Make sure you have done your daily beauty routine and moisturise before getting started.
- Gently buff in either a sheer liquid foundation or a BB cream if you have good skin. If your skin is pigmented or you have bad skin then opt for a foundation that will give you a medium/full coverage.
- Conceal in areas where needed so under the eyes, around the nose and any areas where there is redness.
- They key to this look is using a powder to set the look and give a luminous matt finish. Take a large powder brush and gently sweep the powder all over the face.
- To finish off this minimal look apply mascara, fill in your brows and set with a gel and apply a lip gloss or nude lipstick.
Here are some products to help you achieve the look: