Hair Trends AW2013
So far in the last 3 fashion weeks of New York, London and Milan we are seeing as lot of the same hair trends and of course some carrying over from last years shows. The main feel of hair is beautiful uncomplicated looks. We also seeing plaits, 60’s beehives, sleek hair, fringes and textured updo’s,ponytail’s, big hair and the blow dried beautiful hair is definitely back and lots of textured hair that is easy to create yourself you just need the right products. Invest in texturising sprays, lightweight hairsprays, styling creams, lightweight hair wax and of course mousse.
Here are some of the hair looks we have seen in the recent Autum/Winter Shows:
1) Blow dry hair with a paddle brush in the direction of the pony tail to endure hair is smooth or ghd hair and then apply gel to sleek the hair back. Tie hair into a secure ponytail and take a small piece and wrap around the hair band and secure into place.
2) Fringes are back in a big way if you don’t have a fringe and you want to try out the trend invest in a clip in fringe.
3) To achive the 60’s hair blow dry hair and put into rollers. Leave in for as long as possible. Lightly dust a mattyifying powder into the roots to add volume. tease hair section by section at the roots from the crown. Take the front sections and pin back and then create a chignon at the back with the remainder of the hair.
4) To achieve the big wavy hair spritz hairspray all over the hair take inch sections and tong using a small tong to create a tight curl and pin the curl. Tong the hair three quarters of the way up then tong the top section using a larger tong. Leave the hair in for as long as possible. Take pout the hair smooth the top with a tiny amount of hair cream and then brush out the hair to create big way hair.
5) Blow dry the hair with a paddle brush backwards using a styling cream. Tie hair up into a ponytail, take a small section and wrap around the band and pin in place. Tease the ponytail fold under and secure with pins. Lightly spritz with hairspray.
6) Create a side parting, wet hair and then apply gel throughout.
7) Apply a styling cream to the hair, taker sections and plait the hair all the way past the nape of the neck and secure with a band. (Probably easier to have someone create this look.)
8) Spritz hair with hair spray using a tong create texture throughout the hair,. take random section and loosely wrap around the tong to create movement. Take a section from easch side and plait and then securely pin at the back of the head.
9) Apply mousse to hair and blow dry using a large barrel brush. Put hair into velcro rollers and leave in for as long as possible. Add more heat with the hair drayer and spritz with hair spray. Take out rollers and brush hair. To create more movement in the front take sections and tong.
10) Split hair into 3 sections, spritz each section with hairspray and then plait each section. Apply a ghd to each plait to create heat. Leave in for as long as possible and then take out plaits, create a centre parting and smooth the top with a tiny amount of styling cream.
11) Ghd hair straight. Take top section in a triangle to the crown and pin out of the way. Apply gel and section the middle part of the hair and make into a pony tail. Take the top section of the hair apply gel and smooth hair back and pin into place.
12) Apply mousse to the hair and blow dry with a large paddle brush. Brush the hair back and make a side ponytail. Take sections of the ponytail and pin into place.
Hope you enjoy the post.