So each month I am going to try feature a model and her beauty regime to share with all of us. A model’s business is to look good and look after their skin and their bodies and its always a great way to find out what new products are out there and how they get their skin looking so good.
The lovey Emma is the current face of Dune London if you haven’t seen the images they are all over Canal Walk but not only that Emma has done a lot of amazing work and is one of my favourite model’s to work with. The image above is from a shoot we did together shot by her talented boyfriend Justin Polkey. So I asked Emma about her beauty regime, her favourite products and which was her favourite red lipstick because when you see Emma out and about and event she always has a red lip.
Emma’s daily routine is pretty extensive but it shows you how important it is to look after yourself from a young age so here is what she does daily:
1) Every morning Emma uses the NeoStrata restore face wash, then follows with a rose water and witch hazel toner and then to finish off moisturises with the Bioderma Sensibo Light Cream. Emma shared with me that she is big on cleanliness and showers twice daily and exfoliates every morning with an exfoliating brush or a body brush to remove dead skin and keep her skin smooth. Her favourite body product ever is the Aesop Geranium Body Wash as it makes her feel that she has just walked out of a spa. Sounds like I need that too.
For the day time she uses Nivea Smooth Body Milk and the evenings Aesop Geranium Body Balm. For those of you who don’t know Aesop its an amazing brand available at The Loading Bay in Green Point Cape Town.
For hair she is a big fan of the Aussie shampoo and so am I she goes for the volume shampoo and conditioner and then after towel drying adds a few drops of REF Argan Oil (available at Vanilje Black in Somerset West).
Her nail routine involves using the Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Nail and Cuticle Therapy and then after applying that Emma uses a coat of Sparitual Protein Boost Moisture onto her cuticles to repair her nails (available in Wellness Wharehouse).
2) Emma’s favourite products are the Crabtree & Evelyn Cuticle Cream and the Aesop products that are pretty new to SA.
3) Her products that she just can’t live without are the Aesop Geranium Body Wash, Lush Fizz Balls and the Chanel Coco Baume.
4) Before Emma’s shoots she makes sure her hair is washed and her nails are clean this is so important as I know when I working with a model these things are key. As well as her beauty regime she also exfoliates her face with the Dermologica Multivitamin Thermafoliant, followed by a Bioderma Sensibio mask. After her shoot which can be a very long day especially when filming a commercial Emma loves the LUSH amazing fizz balls in her bath.
5) Emma always has a red lip when at an event so I wanted to know what was her favourite and of course its the Mac Ruby Woo (a key staple in my pro kit). It is a matt lipstick and can dry out your lips so Emma uses the Elizabeth Arden 8HR cream to keep her lips moisturised and lines her lips with the Mac’s lip pencil in Cherry. Emma below sporting her red lip at the Queens Plate.
6) Her key staples in her make up bag are Mac Strobe Cream, Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, Mac Studio Finish Concealer, Mac Prep and Prime Translucent Finishing Powder and the Maybelline Volume Express Mascara. Emma is also a fan of the Mac Mineralise Skin Finish for highlighting (there are quite a few avaialble from fair to dark skin) and she loves Rimmel blushes.
As well as modelling Emma also has a Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/
So there we go a little insight into a model’s world and some products that I haven’t tried yet that I will definitely be getting my hands on.
Hope you enjoyed the post.