Winter is always a time where I find myself and the models I work suffer from dry skin. As I am based in Cape Town its currently winter here and I find with the mix of cold and warmer days plays havoc with my skin. Its important that you change your beauty routine in the cold months to keep skin hydrated on your face and your body. Here is my guide to winter skincare.
- After your shower moisturise your body and go for an like Dove Essential Nourishment.
- Exfoliate your body once or twice a week try Body Shop Body Scrub it leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth.
- Go for a richer cream at night so that in the morning your skin is soft and smooth
- As well as a night cream apply a product like Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery which has natural oil’s like Lavender and Evening Primrose which helps keep your skin hydrated and helps give your skin a real boost.
- Apply a hydrating mask 2 times a week instead of once go for a mask that will really hydrate your skin my current favourite is the Decleor Hydra Floral Expert Face Mask to give your skin a boost and leave your skin really glowing.
- If your lips are feeling dry opt for a lip balm like Carmex or Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Lip Protect to keep lips from getting really dry.
- Use hand cream every day try Nivea Smooth Nourishing.
- Drink lots of water as in these months we tend to drink lots more caffeine
These products are what I personally use. If you have really oily skin then some of the facial products will be too heavy on your skin. Instead of the Kiehl’s midnight recovery opt for a serum like Estee lauder Night Repair and day cream’s opt for lighter options like Dr Haushka’s Day Rose Cream.
I hope you enjoyed my post. x