Normally on a Sat morning I would share with you the highlights of my week and any video’s or posts I have come across. But as we almost at the end of 2014 I decided to look back over the last 12 months and share some of my makeup artist highlights and jobs I have been so excited to be part of:
1) Carvella is an amazing Italian brand which launched in SA this year I was part of the team for their summer campaign which was so exciiting for me as a makeup artist/hairstylist. I did the hair and makeup for this shoot which was all about the bronzed beauty so my favourite item bronzer was the order of the day. Even more exciting was the image was blown up in the store window and the ad was featured in all my favourite magazines.
2) My beauty shoot with Brazilian model Hilda and photographer Kass was just us having some fun doing a quick beauty test that ended up getting published in US online magazine Elegant plus one of our shots made the cover!
3) Earlier this year I did the VIP shoot for Edgars featuring brands like Topshop and the one of the images from the editorial made the cover which was featured in Grazia, Marie Claire and Elle. I did the hair and makeup for the shoot it was the cool grunge look with an ombre lip.
4) For the Dec issue of Elle I did the makeup for the main beauty editorial which was all about the braids its an amazing beauty story with 2 models that was so fun to be part of and definitely a great way to finish off the year.
5) Elle celebrate each year with a birthday editorial, this is the second one I have been part of but this year was a great one to be part of. With 13 models each with a word that represented their character and what Elle as a magazine represented its was a crazy but fun day. I was one of 2 makeup artists on the day plus I got to work with some of my favourite local models plus the crazy Lithuanian twins.
What’s been the highlight of your year?