What a week its been, my first week back after holiday has been a whirlwind of shoots and beauty so here it all is packed into one post:
1) Its the first time I have been back stage for any fashion week and this week its Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in Cape Town with the makeup team being sponsored by Mac and hair by GHD. The makeup really has been absolutely beautiful headed up by the amazing Michelle-Lee Collins. Loved the Gavin Rajah crazy makeup with a Japenese influence on the hair, the prettiness of Stefania Morland with all the pinks, the glowing skin for Tart and the antique gold glitter eyes for Korbus Dippanear.
2) Of course being back stage I had a quick chat with Michelle-Lee about the go to products and what’s new. For quite a few of the shows the artists have been using the brow gel. Well a latest addition comes out in Cape Town on 15th August the Mac Waterproof Brow Gel in light to dark shades. I saw them in action and what can I say they look amazing so will definitely be investing in those.
3) Finally the L’oreal Extraordinaire Colour Riche Lipsticks have landed on my desk very happy. I have been waiting to try these out after all the amazing reviews on some of the UK blogs I follow. They are set to hit counters in August so you need to be getting your hands on one of these. More than a gloss and highlighly pigmented the Ruby Opera is so far my favourite shade but that’s just because I love red. Watch this space for a full review.
4) This week has been all about beautiful glowing skin on my shoots, I posted on instagram they key items to achieve the look with skin prepped with Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser and Multi Active Toner and Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream, followed by Revlon Skinlights and Stila Stay All Day Foundation and extra highlights with Mac Lightscapade you really can’t go wrong.
5) Nouvelle Daily really is one of my favourite blogs for new products and how to’s check out this post on how to create your own salt spray, so if you on a budget you can try this one at home.
Hope you have had an amazing week.