This week has been a full on beauty week going back to makeup and skincare oldies, painting faces and trying some new amazing products. So here it is packed into one post:
1) I do love a red lip and normally I am a matt red kind of a girl especially when it comes to me or on a shoot but this week I needed to create high gloss lips. The L’Oreal Extraordinaire Colur Riche in Ruby Opera is an amazing high gloss lipstick and even better won’t break the bank, I used this on my shoot and it looked amazing in front of the camera making the model’s lips look oh so juicy. I will definitely be wearing this one on a night out.
2) Even though I am sponsored by Dermalogica and I use their products when I am on magazine shoots, I also love a whole load of others and am forever writing about them. The Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream has been in my kit for some time but I have been trying out other products but this week I have been reaching for the Magic Cream for some of my shoots because really its the mother of all moisturisers to get that glowing dewy skin even before any makeup touches the skin. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff and yes its not cheap but its amazing.
3) I love to try new things out so when the Foreo Luna arrived this week the latest technology in skincare and winner of Swedish Elle for Innovation of the Year I got straight onto using it. I won’t go into too much detail because I am going to do a full review, but after 3 days of using my skin feels so soft.
4) I am a liquid foundation girl and I have quite a few brands in my kit and there are certain times when I am loving a certain one. This week my fellow makeup artist Nandi asked me what is my favourite one and its one I have been reaching for more and more, its an oldie but the Benefit Oxygen Wow Oh So Flawless foundation never fails me and makes the skin look so natural with a dewy but not shiney finish. Please can someone bring Benefit back to South Africa!!!!
5) My swimwear editoral for Womens Health South Africa came out this week. Its such a beautiful story and Jacques Weyers shot it so beautifully that I wanted to share it again with you. Its all about sun kissed skin with a whole lot of bronzer and these two beauties look amazing. If you are looking to cheat that glow bronzer will be your best friend but make sure its the right colour for your skin tone there is nothing worse than an orange face.
Hope you had an amazing week.