This last week has been a busy one with working most days and trying to blog and follow the trends. London Fashion Week has been a big highlight for me as I love catching up on the trends. Plus I have been using a new foundation on set and I am now obsesses. So here is my week and what I have discovered.
1) Mac Features London AW14 Fashion Week video with the trends, the products and amazing looks that have been created. We see matallics, graphic eyeliner, pops of electric blue, gloss statement eyes, lips lips lips of all colours and textures and frayed edges for make up. Love love love
2) Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Perfectly Nude Foundation launches early March in SA and I have fallen in love with this bad boy. Seriously its so amazing it melts into the skin leaving such a beautiful finish the skin looks flawless and not too dewy but glowing which is my favourite kind. I used it on set and the model’s skin just looked unbelievable. I will be doing a full review next week but just needed to shout about it.
3) Two of my shoots came out this week one in Elle with the 2 Lithuanian models Ieva and Aida for Style For Less where the look was all about beautiful skin and a high gloss shine and main fashion for Grazia where again skin was flawless and I played with lip colours to go with the different outfits and a bronze eye.
4) So I finally tested out the Garnier BB Cream for Combination Skin on a shoot and I have to say I really love it. Sadly the shades don’t match my skin tone so I struggled to post about it but the model I was working with had such beautiful skin I went with a BB just to enhance the skin and even out and the finish really was very beautiful. Sadly this BB cream does have nearly enough shades so let’s hope this changes at some point. I am really getting in to using BB creams rather than foundation because the skin looks more natural and has just enough coverage. Watch this pace next week for my budget BB Cream post.
5) I have found a new love for the Mac Pressed Pigments as they are amazing to add the pop of shimmer on the eye but they can be used to create a metallic shimmer to the lip. On my shoot on Friday my client wanted me to shimer up the lip to match the metallic nails and I dug around my kit and pulled out the pressed pigment in Deeply Dashing and dabbed with my fingers directly onto the lips which already had a nude lippie and voila there you have it a beautiful metallic shimmer finish on the lip.
Hope you had a great week.