Loving the trends we are seeing at all the shows. There really were key trends that stood out at Milan AW14 Fashion Week, shows really focused a lot on lashes, liner and the no make up make up glowing barely there skin.
In the above image its either fake lashes that have been applied with a beautifully contoured eye or lashings of mascara that Pat Macgrath created for the Prada with a beautiful flawless face and either a nude lip or a beautiful red lip.
The barely there skin really is a big trend across all the shows where foundation is more like a veil on the skin blurring out imperfections but allowing the skin to look really natural and then applying a wash of colour on the eyelids.
Liner, Liner and more liner. The last image was from the Anthony Vacarello show and Tom Pecheux cretade this cool liner look with strings tht had the make up applied on and then pressed the sting onto the eyes to create this graphic look. Love it.
Am loving the Mac Features video’s for each fashion week. This video shows us looks that were created and the trend red and berry lips and products used to create and the eye trends.
Thats all from the Milan AW14 Fashion Week. Watch this space for the Paris Fashion Week AW14 trend report.
My week finished off with a bang yesterday at the Elle Birthday shoot with an amazing team. Its been a week of make up trends at New York Fashion Week and getting my hands on some great products.
1. I love this video of Mac Cosmetics backstage at New York fashion week with the different make up artists talking about the looks created and products being used plus what the trends are for AW14. For me as a make up artist I love seeing new products and all the ways of make up application. In the video we see my favourite Mac 217 brush being used to apply lipstick and creating a stain or a really beautiful lip.
2. I came across another video from Allure’s instagram feed of some backstage beauty tricks from Diane Kendal backstage at the Jason Wu show. They have great backstage video’s and pics of looks being created. I am loving the blue eye created by Pat Macgrath for the Anna Sui show. I will be doing a full trend report next week.
3. I was part of the Elle magazine birthday shoot as they turn 18 in April. It was an amazing day with 13 models each with a different look represeneting what the magazine is all about. I will be blogging about the looks I created once the magazine is out. The first look was with a beautiful dark lip with the twin sisters using one of my favourite dark lipsticks Cyber from Mac.
4. I got my hands on new make up launching from Chanel in March/April in SA. Love the eye palettes and I used one of the them at the Elle shoot to create a smokey eye. I love their textures and shades definitely a massive Chanel fan. They are also launching their new Velvet foundation which has a matt texture its not a texture I normally go for as I love a dewy face but this one feels like silk on the skin.
So I already posted about the Christian Dior backstage beauty last week. But here are some of the looks from the shows which I really love from fresh faced to graphic lines and sleek hair to quiffs. The key make up trend is flawless skin and where skincare plys a huge role in achievHere are the trend looks:
1) Fresh Face – skin is absolutely flawless and the hair is simple with a braid to add some detail.
2) Skin here is flawless, highlighted, contoured with a taupe colour on the eyes.
3) The skin is dewy with hints of peach on the eye and cheeks with a beautiful highlight in the inner corner of the eyes.
4) The skin is fresh and flawless with a hint of highlighting paired with an elegant up do. This whole look is simple and elegant.
5) Skin is beautifull highlighted with a slight grey smokey eye and everything else is minimal and the hair has a cool quiff. This whole look has a soft grunge feel to it.
6) Graphic eyes are still very much in and very cool. The rest of the skin is utterly flawless and the lip is left nude.
7) Black eyeliner is the focal point for this look and sleek hair. The skin is beautiful with a slight contour.
8) Dark berry lips are back again and big hair. The hair has been given a modern twist with a pop of neon pink added.
9) The eyes are the key focus with black liner and a grey smokey eye and a beautiful highlight pop in the inner corners of the eye. The hair is kepy very simple in a bun and hair sleeked to the side.
I am absolutely loving the make up created by Pat Magrath my all time favourite make up artist. The skin is beautifully contoured, the brows are filled and perfectly shaped, the skin is absolutely flawless with a two tone sparkly metallic lip in different colours. The hair is kept really simple gelled back in a bun with a hair net. You can see the cupids bow has an extra highlight and a highlight along the lash line and inner corners of the eye. For the darker skin tones the lips are a mixture of golds and brown with the shimmer and pink and silver or gold for the lighter skin models.
This look is a great party look after you finished a days work and want to go out after its a great way to dress up your make up to add a little pop to your lips.