So yesterday I did a road trip vibe shoot and the reference was a natural look. I am always being asked on how to use certain products or how to create easy looks. The look I did yesterday was so quick and easy I thought I would share the products I used and how to re-create the look:
- Moisturise or prime first before applying your foundation
- I used the Georgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation and buffed into the skin but you can use any liquid foundation that you have. Apply all over your face into the neck either using your fingers or a foundation brush.
- I concealed using Mac Pro Conceal and Correct Palette. You want to create a seamless look so use a blending brush like the Mac 217 to apply the concealer under the eyes and to take away any redness or pigmentation on the skin.
- For the contouring I used my favourite Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Powder in no 30 but you can use any bronzing powder I just love the expensive stuff! Contour under your cheek bones, on the top of your forehead and down the bridge of your nose.
- On the eyes I buffed in Mac Cream Colour Base in Tint Frost. This product does crease so you will have to reapply through the day. For dark skin tones this colour will most likely not work so go for a darker colour like Mac Cream Base like Fabulush.
- Fill in your brows to make them appear fuller and complete the look. I used the Mac Brow Pencil but for a cheaper option you can use one of your eyeshadows..
- You don’t want too much mascara for this look because its a more natural look so apply no more than 2 coats. I used the Benefit They’re Real Mascara but again you can use one that you already have.
- For the cheeks as I wanted to keep this look really natural I applied cream blush from Mac in Lilicent but this will also need to be reapplied in the day so you may want to opt for a light peach powder blush if you are fairer to medium skin tone and for dark skin opt for a deep pink blush.
- I highlighted above the cheekbone using my new favourite product The Celestial Powder by Kevin Aucoin (not available in SA). But there are lots available to choose from like Topshop cream highlighters or Catrice Highlighting Powder great for a natural look. For the darker skintone apply a little of a deep gold colour to make it pop.
- For the lips I used a nude tone as the model had very fair skin. I used this is Autumn from my Mac Fall 13 Forecast Lips Palette but again you can use a nude colour you have already.
- To complete the look set the foundation with a finishing powder I used the Chanel Healthy Glow Powder in no 20 but again you can use a cheaper option.
- As the look is very natural you can pair the look with dark nails.
Hope you enjoyed my post. x
WINNER: FATIMA ISMAIL
As some of you know I recently ran a giveaway with A Fashion Friend for the Stila Natural Eye Palette. Sadly I could only choose 3 even though there were some amazing answers. So I am going to be running more giveaways on the blog to give more of you a chance to get your hands on some product. So here is another chance to try win some make up.
The prize to be won is the Smashbox Try It Kit:
Here is how to enter:
- Make sure you are subscribed to my newsletter on www.shahnazlovesbeauty.com
- How would you integrate this kit into your daily make up routine?
- All answers must be mailed to email@example.com
A winner will be chosen by Wednesday 12th June.
Good Luck. x
Get the Look : Kirsten Stewart
I recently came across this look Kirsten Stewart was rocking at the Met Ball. Its a beautiful deep red copper smokey eye, much edgier than the usual celebrity smokey eye red carpet look. The colour really makes her green eyes pop and I love that her make up matches her outfit. Her skin is absolutely flawless and really fresh making her eyes the focus and her foundation is quite matt which looks amazing. Here is how you can achieve the look. Remember these colours may not suit all skin tones so when going for a red then you need to test first.
- Moisturise and apply an oil free primer all over the face to ensure your foundation lasts for hours.
- Start with the eyes first to avoid any eyeshadow spill.
- Apply a cream eyeshadow first with a flat brush try Stiletto by Benefit, Maybelline Colour Tattoo Pomegranate Punk or Chanel Illusion D’Ombre in Ebloui.
- Take a deep red copper eyeshadow like Mac eyeshadow in Pomegranate and blend with a blending brush into the crease and wing outwards.
- Apply a black Kohl eyeliner try Mac pencil Smoulder or Gosh velvet touch eyeliner (available at Edgar’s if you are based in SA) in the waterline and along the lash line.
- Curl lashes and apply mascara to the top and bottom lashes try Inglot False Lash Effect Mascara, Benefit They’re Real or Diorshow.
- Brush your brows upwards and use a brow pencil to fill in but don’t go dark the brows look really natural in this picture so lightly fill where needed or if you already have a full brow just brush and set with a brow clear gel.
- Conceal under the eyes this will help illiminate any mess and allow you to achieve the shape of the smokey eye.
- Apply a liquid foundation that is not too dewy and has a sheer to medium coverage. Try Makeup Forever HD foundation, Chanel Pro Lumiere or for a drugstore option Revlon Photoready Foundation or Bourjois Healthy Mix.
- Contour the cheek bones using a matt texture like Smashbox Contour Kit as Kristen’s face really is so clean and looks like she is wearing hardly any makeup. (For dark skin models try Mac Mineralise Skinfinish Natural in one of the darker shades).
- Lightly dust a blush on the apple of the cheeks in a peach tone.
- Apply a nude lipliner and then a nude lipstick. Remember to try on the nude lipstick if you don’t have one as everyone has a different undertone.
- Finish off the look by applying a matt finishing powder such as the Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow or Revlon Photoready Powder.
I hope you enjoyed the post.
Makeup Forever HD Foundation
So I finally got my hands on the Makeup Forever HD Foundation. I follow celebrity makeup artists like Lisa Eldridge and its in her pro makeup kit and others have raved about it so of course I needed to have it! Makeup Forever is available in South Africa but not the HD Foundation yet. I ordered mine online in the UK as I just had to get some for me and my make up kit. Having as much foundation as possible is important to me as I do make up on so many skin types and skin tones. I am always looking for a foundation that will look amazing in front of the camera too especially when I am shooting beauty. It promises to cover imperfections while remaining invisible on screen and in real life. There are 28 shades which is also a big plus as a lot of brands don’t have a great selection for darker skin tones.
So this morning I thought I would try a healthy glowing look as I already have a tan. I moisturised and then applied the Estee Lauder Idealist Skintone illuminator (LOVE will blog about it too). Already my skin was glowing. I pumped some foundation onto the back of my hand and it definitely goes a long way I covered my whole face, normally I have to apply more so that is a big plus. The foundation is a medium coverage, I used N145 which is darker than I would normally use but I am tanned so always remember when buying foundation you need one for summer and one for winter. I love the coverage and it wasn’t too shiney for me so I didn’t have to apply any powder. It made me look really healthy so am so excited to try on a photoshoot. It also blended really well into my skin and I also felt like I wasn’t wearing anything heavy. So so far I am a fan. I then finished the look with some bronzer and mascara.
Will defenitely be using in my makeup video’s in the month of June. So keep on watching.
Hope you enjoyed my post.
Today I visited the Cape Town store of Topshop. Happiness! I am so happy as yet another makeup brand has hit Cape Town giving us more choice at affordable prices. I am a fan of Topshop make up as its on trend and I really like the quality. Plus there is a nail bar when you can have manicures and nail art!!!!!! Love the nail polish colours.
As you can see from the opening image I purchased some lovely products. Its not the full make up collection that London has but at least we have some great products to play with. The textures are beautiul, I love the gold eyeliner pencil it glides on. The highlighters have a lovely creamy texture and are not too heavy. The duo blush and the cream highlighter gave me a healthy glow, and the liquid liners glides on beautifully. I will definitely be going to test out a manicure!
I will definitely be using the products I got in a make up tutorial so watch this space.
I hope you enjoyed my post.
So today I did a shoot for fellow beauty bloggers. One of the bloggers write’s for beauty magazines so she had a lot of knowledge on all things beauty. When you buy your moisturier and its in a jar or a pot sadly for the moisturier to work then you need to take it out and put the cream into a pump so that the moisturiser doesn’t get exposed to the oxygen in the air as aftter a week of purchasing your beautiful cream the reason you bought it so (anti ageing for example) would have lost its main properties! Sadly we are all victim to this and purchase creams in beautiful packaging. So next time you buy moisturiser decanter it and put in a pump.
Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Powder
I have never been a fan of pressed powder for myself or when I am on a job because it looks to heavy. But there is a new Chanel powder that has hit the market and I can’t wait to get my hands on it. Chanel has introduced a new Hi Tech powder. It was designed to create a healthy glow and comes in 7 shades. For those of you who don’t like using foundation this product can be applied straight onto clean skin by gently buffing it in. It has other different uses which is great so can be used as a blusher, bronzer, sculptor (contouring) or an illuminator (highlighter).
Watch this space for a product review!
Hope you enjoyed the post.
I am loving the matt nail trend and it is so easy to create. Take the nail polish colour you want to use. First apply a base coat, once dry apply 2 coats of your desired colour. Wait until the nails are completely dry otherwise it won’t work. Once the nails are dry buff each nail to make it matt. Then take a top coat and apply to the tip of each nail. That’s it!
Hope you enjoyed the post.
So many woman get the their foundation colour wrong. In moast cases they choose one that is way too pale or too pink. Obviously I can tell my friends their foundation is wrong so I thought I would share this. When choosing the right colour the best place to test is on your chest so that you ensure that your face and body are the same colour. Your neck is way to pale to test and if you test on your jaw line the likelyhood is that it will be too pale.
When buying lipstick don’t test on the back of your hand. Firstly its not the same colour as your lips and secondly its a totally different texture. If you really don’t want to try on your lips the next best alternative is to test with your finger as its the same colour as your lips and the texture is similar.