The third instalment of fashion week was at Milan for the AW15 trends and here are some of my fav looks. What I have noticed this season is that a lot of the makeup is much more wearable usually we see some crazy makeup but AW15 has a lot of pretty with a touch of bold.
I have been busy this morning prepping for a beauty shoot and getting myself inspired. I love to search online for beauty references to try get a feel for what I want to do. Plus sometimes you need some beauty inpiration and just look at something beautiful especially when its grey and raining outside.
So here is some amazing beauty I came across that I just had to share because they are so beautiful so for all you makeup lovers here it is:
Each month I love to share my beauty essentials on what I have been loving. So far this year has been filled with lots of new and amazing products that I have gotten to play with on my photoshoots and on myself. This month I have done some great shoots and of course I find each month there is a new favorite or an oldie that I find myself going back to. Its been a lot about beautiful skin which as you all know is my favourite part of make up.
So here is the products that really made the beauty essentials cut this month:
1) Revlon Photoready Skinlights: Love love love this product. I have blogged about it already a couple of times so realy it had to go into my essentials list. Its a great highlighter to give that really natural glow and great to mix in with foundation for a real pick me up for the skin.
2) Chanel Les 4 Ombres in Tisse Camelia: This is one of the new les Ombres palettes of which I basically love all of them but this palette really is so beautiful and I absolutely love the shades. A great alternative to the black and brown smokey eyes and perfect for the South African winter that is soon heading our way. Great with a nude lip or a dark berry lip and so easy to blend.
3) Mac Fix+: Basically I can’t live without this spray on set anymore. I had bought it a while ago but until with my interview with Mac Pro Makeup artist for Africa Michelle-Lee I didn’t really use it. When Michelle told me that this is key in her kit for prepping skin I started to use it all the time and now its a key staple in the kit and great for prepping skin for a flawless finish.
4) YSL Vernis A Levres: Newly launched in SA I love these lip stains. They give a beautiful natural finish and the pink shade gives a barely there look so perfect with a no makeup makeup look or with a smokey eye. I love the applicator the product glides on easily.
5) Charlotte Tilbury Penelope Pink: Loving this nude shade by Charlotte Tilbury. This month has been a lot of nude lips and beautiful skin this really is an amazing shades great on so many different skin tones except dark skin. There is nothing like a beautiful nude lip, this lippie is really hydrating, glides on beautifully and love the packaging.
6) Nars Multiple in Palm Beach: I have had this bronzer for ages but this month as I have been losing my tan on my face its a goodie to creating a naturally healthy glow. Perfect straight onto the skin if you looking for a no makeup look but cheat a tan or great applied on top of foundation and blended in.
6) Essie Polish in Mink Muffs: Nude nails seem to be a big trend right now, this polish is definitely a darker nude but I love it for medium to dark skin tones and looks so cool with a denim look.
Hope you had a great month and hope you got some new beauty insights from my beauty essentials picks.
What a busy week of shoots and testing out beauty products and trying to blog in the hectic schedule. So here is my week:
1) I love the Real Techniques Fashion Week Tutorial combining some of the beauty trends from AW14 fashion week. Its all about youthful glowing skin, smoked on the bottom lash line with pops of blue, clumpy lashes, full brows and a red lip stain. Love this video.
2) I did make up on Friday for Cosmo SA for their denim issue with the crazy twins Aida and Eiva we shot 12 looks throughout the day it was a busy one but a fun one. The key look for the girls was beautiful skin and defined eyes using one of the Stila Palettes with a nude lip will definitely be sharing a get the look once the magazine is out in May. Its all about Cosmo Jeans.
3) I got some new Essie nail colours at the beginning of the week and I am obsessed with the Really Red shade coming out soon. Its a bright red shade and applies really easily without streaking like some of the Essie polishes can. Great way to add a pop of colour to your look and also a big trend match your lips to your nails so amazing with a red lip.
4) So I finally got the Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Correcting and Highlighting Perfector pens. They look like the YSL Touche Eclat highlighting pens and are offereing the same kind of thing but with the added correcting element. I have had a quick test with them so far and I love them they apply beautifully and leaves the under eye area feeling hydrated and silky. Full review will be coming soon.
Hope you enjoyed my beauty updates.
February has come and gone and this week I got to play with some new products, discovered budget beauty products and came across some cool video’s. I love when I get to play with new products on set and see how they work and how they look in front of the camera with all the lights.
So here is my week’s beauty products highlights:
1) I came across the latest Lisa Eldridge video on face masks, what the different ones are for and why Lisa loves them. I love Lisa’s video’s as she shares about products extensively and for me there is nothing better than getting a recommendation. Skincare is a big thing for me and discovering new beauty products and ways I can use them for myself and on model’s is always a big plus. Also if its good enough for Lisa its good enough for me.
2) I finally properly tested the Smashbox Eyes BB cream on my beauty shoot with the gorgeous Hilda who is one of the faces of Lancome worldwide and I love it. I did post about it last week as a new discovery and I have yet to review it promise will be next week but it glides on beautifully under the eyes and doesn’t crease and brightens up the under eye area.
3) I have been working my way through budget foundations so that I can post about the best ones and I came across the Rimmel Perfect Match Foundation. I love that it has a pump so there is no wastage and I love the texture. It leaves a natural dewy finish and one pump pretty much covers your whole face.
4) Its not beauty related but I got to be in the fashion jury for Grazia SA which is pretty cool. I got in the the make up industry as I am a lover of fashion and wanted to be part of it in some way and doing make up was a perfect fit. So being featured in the magazine and giving my opinion on celebrities fashion was fun.
And that concludes my week’s take on new and exciting beauty products.
Hope you all had a great week.
Valentine’s Day Make Up
Valentine’s Day is only a couple days away and if you are going out on a hot date then make sure you think about your make up look. I was just playing around with the classic look and changed the lipstick shade from the usual bright red to a dark red and added a touch a glitter to the eyes.
The key make up for this look:
For the eyes I used the Clarins 3 Dot Liner that comes out next month is SA love it and then added a touch of glitter in the inner corner of the eyes on the liner with Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Midnight Cowboy. For the brows I kept it pretty natural and just applied a touch of Anastasia Beverley Hills Tintel Brow Gel.
For my skin the key elements was the Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Serum and the Clarins Instant Concealer which also launches next month to give the fresh looking skin and for contouring and highlighting I used the Stila Sweet Treats Bronzing Powder and Mac Mineralise Skin Finish in Porcelain Pink (this link takes you to what is available in SA online).
Remember you don’t have to use these products I just wanted to give a little of Valentine’s make inspiration.
I love when the fashion weeks are on its one of my favourite times to follow beauty as the top make up artists like Pat Mcgrath, Charlotte Tilbury and Val Garland are creating beautiful looks.
I think my favourite is the Chanel make up look with the graphic eye and glitter on the bottom lash line and flawless skin. I am also loving the look created by Pat Macgrath with the pop of blue in the inner corner of the eye and bronze on the bottom lash line and tons of lashes.
The smokey eye and the red lip is always going to be on trend and just looks so beautiful. The red lip stands out even more with the fresh flawless skin and shimmer in the inner corner of the eyes.
For me beauty is all about the skin and I love the clean flawless complexion with subtle highlighting and definition on the eyes and subtle contouring.
The grahic architectural eye is always a big player in the fashion weeks taking on different shapes every time with beautiful skin and totally nude lips.
Nip + Fab is an amazing brand that has hit SA shores and is exclusive to Clicks. I had tried the CC cream in the UK but never got to try out the skin care. Kerry-Ann who does their PR sent me a box load of products to try (lucky me). The brand is all about instant beauty fixes made simple.
Nip + Fab is clinically tested skincare and body care fixes crammed with breakthrough natural and scientific ingredients. They promise to offer target solutions for specific skincare and bodycare concerns by combining the latest active ingredients with technically advanced smoothing, firming and boosting properties. The world famous range includes celeb favourites like Upper Arm Fix giving toned arms in just 2 weeks and no Needle Fix for an alternative to cosmetic procedures.
So what did I think?
I love the products and my skin felt so hydrated after using them and even though I am off testing other products I still use the eye cream every morning and the face cleanser plus the pads are great for removing excess make up and leaving my skin glowing. So here are the products I used:
Glycolic Fix Cleanser R234.99: Foaming facial cleanser with Glycolic and Apple Amino Acids. Its purpose is to deeply cleanse, tighten and tone the skin. Its a brightening cleanser that works to rid skin of all traces of grime and make up whilst giving the skin a refreshing boost. The Glycolic Acid works to retexture the skin to hide the appearance of unwanted lines and wrinkles, whilst the Olive Oil deeply hydrates the skin. Key Benefits: GA helps stimulate cellular activity and collagen synthesis to improve skin elasticity and boost radiance. Apple Amino Acid provides a dense and skin-softening foam whilst protecting the skin’s natural barrier. Olive Oil reduces water loss to increase hydration for smooth and soft skin.
What more can I say on the cleanser it has left my skin feeling fresh and so smooth every day and I have been getting constant compliments on my skin. If you going to invest in any product that cleansing is one of the key items as we all need a clean face!
Glycolix Fix Exfoliating Pads R 264.99: These innovative wipes are packed with Glycolic Acid to improve skin tone and texture. These anti ageing pads contain Glycolic and Hyaluronic Acid that help stimulate cell turnover for a smoother brighter complexion. The pads also contain blue daisy to soothe skin while skin will appear smoother, fresher and brighter after using the pads.
Use these pads after cleansing and wipe along your face, neck and decollete. You can use these pads once or twice a day. I really like these pads as they made my skin feel really fresh afterwards and gave me a glow which is what I am constantly wanting for my skin.
No Needle Fix Serum R364.99: This serum is an SOS lifting and intensive plumping serum containing cellative-form to plump fine lines and improve overall skin’s tonicity and elasticity and indinyl ca to hydrate and condition skin. Wrinkle buster osilift acts as an instant tensor blurring imperfections and smoothing wrinkles while keeping make up firmly in place.
Apply by massaging into your face and neck especially where the areas on your face you have expression lines and make sure you apply before your moisturiser. I used the serum every morning for a month and in combination with the moisturiser my skin really felt amazing and glowing by the time I applied my foundation.
Instant Radiance Wrinkle Fix R 334.95: This beauty pump adds radiance and improves elasticity leaving skin conditioned and hydrated. It contains specially formulated hyaluronic acid filling spheres which bind up to 1000 times their weight in water to visibly fill and plump the skin for noticeably smoother fine lines and wrinkles. The moisturiser is enriched with a combination of essential oils like grapeseed oil which helps tighten and tone and meadowfoam seed oil to fight the signs of ageing and protect against the harmful effects of the environment which helps leaving skin hydrated and protected. Working in harmony with jojoba seed oil, evening primrose oil, rose hip oil, glycerin, lanolin and mica.
This cream is all about giving the skin a glow which is a big YAY for me. I love when skin looks radiant even before any make up is applied because it will shine through the foundation. When it comes to applying make up its so key that your skin has been prepped and this is all down to your skincare routine. I love how Nip + Fab leaves my skin looking and feeling.
Triple-Action Eye Cream R299.99: Love love love this eye cream and its still part of my beauty routine even though I am trying other products. This eye cream helps reduce the appearance of puffiness and dark circles while hydrating to fight against premature ageing. This eye cream fix works to break down stubborn crows feet and deep-set wrinkles around the area for a fresh youthful glow. This 3-in-1 formula combines red algea to target dark circles, tetra peptide to reduce puffiness and shea butter to hydrate and soften so for me its a definite must for my beauty regime.
When I am tired which is a lot I get dry under my eyes but with this cream my skin is hydrated all the time and it seems by dark circles aren’t as noticeable.
Its a cool brand with a lot of press and celebrity fans. Plus the prices are more affordable so you can at least incorporate some items into your beauty regime. Go check it out.
Hope you enjoyed my post. x
Last week I went for an educational facial with Anel from Future This. Anel absoloutely believes and loves this brand so she was the best person to teach me about QMS what it represents and of course gave me an amazing facial. When someone is that passionate about products it makes you really excited to try.
So what is QMS?
The man behind the brand is a German cosmetic surgeon Dr Eric Schulte created this elite medical skincare range based on research led, Collagen enhancing technology to create a regeneritive skincare range. As we get older (like me) our collagen stops producing, our skin starts to sag and we get wrinkles. This skincare range was created to help with all these issues as QMS origonated from the research into the critical role of collagen in skin regenration and effectively treat damaged and ageing skin on the face and body and return it to a more youthful and healthy status.
The facial I had was the Classic Collagen Lifting Treatment which was a 90 minute facial. So here were the steps and products used:
Deep Cleansing: My entire neck and face was cleansed so as to take away any dirt and excess oil and make up before the facial begun. The product contains no mineral oils and helps enhance the penetration of collagens and boost the skin’s natural protective functions.
Exfoliant Fluid: Anel explained that most exfoliators don’t penetrate the skin they just work on the sufrace where as the QMS fluid which is a natural AHA exfoliant that incorporates the patent delivery technique NEXTT, which allows the ingredients to penetrate 15% deeper and regenerating ingredients are delivered over a period of 12 hours, ensuring facial results last a long time after the treatment. This fluid makes the skin really tingle and the face goes red and it got the point where I got so hot that Anel had to put the airconditioning on but it meant that the product was really working.
Algen Modelage: Anel asked if I wanted the “rubber mask” put on as it would cover the whole face excluding the mouth and she could only remove it once it was set. So as I trusted her I went with it. So the algen was applied over my face and when it sets its like rubber and then is peeled away. The mask gets an imprint from your face so Anel could tell I was dehydrated under the eyes (tired as always) and that I had a breakout by my mouth. The mask basically is used to lift the skin’s dead cell’s after the exfoliant fluid has done its work and leaves the skin feeling really fresh and revitalised.
Freshening Tonic: This was applied so as to stabilise the skin’s pH after the exfoliation and allow maximum absorption into the skin after exfoliation and leaves the skin feeling so fresh and so smooth.
Day Collagen: This product has a 70% of natural solluble collagen with protective anti oxidants making it a firming and hydrating serum. The QMS natural solluble collagen can swell up to x 360 in its own weight in moisture giving instant results on fine lines and wrinkles.
24 Hr Cream: Anel massaged my face with this super moisturing cream with a 24 hour complex protective and moisturing complex. The cream also contains an anti-free radical complex of Vitamin A,C,E. I didn’t realise how tired I was until my face was being massaged and with Anel’s expert skills I was so relaxed I almost fell asleep. I have been using the cream as part of my nightly beauty routine and I love it.
Relax-O-Firm Mask: Its a moisture regulating cream mask with muscle relaxing properties Anel applied a thick layer onto my face. This mask is for lifting and smoothing out fine lines, wrinkles and expression lines. (I will be buying one of these for sure).
Plaster of Paris: So this is the first time I have ever had Plaster of Paris on my face. Anel explained that using this would help create the maximum liftting effect so that all the ingredients will penetrate properly into the skin. After about 15 minutes the Plaster of Paris was removed and all the excess product was then cleansed off.
Instant Perfection, Neck and More and Sport Active: To finish off the treatment Anel applied the Instant Perfection around the eye contour. The Neck & More was applied on the decollete and the neck and then lastly the Sports Active tinted moisturiser was applied all over my face which has an SPF 15. The tinted moisturiser adapts to your skin colour leaving an even skin tone and also contains polyphenol anti-oxidants for protective protection against harmful effects of UV rays.
When the facial was done I have never felt or seen the way my skin looked. Anel told me not to put anything on my face and I was going to meet my husband and go out. I didn’t put any extra make up on my skin because it felt and looked amazing I don’t think my skin has ever glowed as much.
If you are Cape Town based like me then get yourself to the Cape Grace and try the facial for yourself its pricey at R850 but trust me your skin will love you for it. I am definitely converted. Prices of product range from about R680 upwards and definitely worth the investment especially from women in their 30’s all the way upwards. I have already advised my mum to start using these products. Skincare is so essential and a brand like QMS is definitely what our skin needs.
Check out www.qmsmedicosmetics.co.za/.com for more info about the brand and press coverage that the product has had in SA and overseas.
Hope you enjoyed my post. x
Chanel Christmas 2013 Makeup Collection
As you know I am a big fan of anything Chanel and when I received some items from the Christmas Collection you can imagine I was pretty happy. Thanks so much Sarah from The Prestige Cosmetics Group.
The Collection Nuit Infinie De Chanel is all about seduction and sensuality. The passionate red shades for the lipstick and nail polish tinges the entire collection with boldness and seduction. Eyes are sculpted with sensual shadows with shades of chocolates and twinkle with glints of Illusion D’Ombre and glamour extends to the tips with the Cils Scintillants (mascara). On the lips the Rouge Allure unfurls in radiant colours in a velvet or satin version and then the Poudre Universelle Libre Moon Light is the unique beauty secret which illuminates the face and neck in a pearl shimmer.
I got my hands on a beautiful red velvet lipstick the Rouge Allure Velvet in no 317 La Precieuse, a bronze liquid liner in no 117, a cream shadow Illusion D’Ombre in no 827 Initation and a bronze mascara Bronze Platine to add a little glitter to the lashes.
I absolutely love the lipstick it glides on and even though is matt it doesn’t dry the lips at all and is highly pigmented. If you are a lover of red lipstick then this is a great one to have.
The Illusion D’Ombre cream eyeshados are a favourite of mine and I already have a few in my pro kit. They can be worn on their own straight onto the lid or added on top of a powder eyeshadow to make the eye really pop or used in in the inner corner of the eyes. When applying onto the lid take a flat brush and push the product up to crease then blend the crease with a blending brush and in this image below I added a taupe shade into the crease to create definition. LOVE LOVE LOVE.
The liquid liner is a beautiful shimmery bronze liner and glides on beautifully. Again this product can be worn on its own or with the eyeshadow like you see in the picture below and the bronze mascara adds a beautiful shimmer to the lashes. You can either wear on its own or add a black mascara and then go over with this mascara to make the lashes really shimmer.
Here is the look:
The new collection also includes a beautiful eyeshadow palette with colours from beige to plum so gorgeous evening smokey rich colours. Chanel have also included another Illusion D’Ombre shadow called Fatal which is a violet plum shade.
For the lips in the Rouge Allure Velvet there is another shade in the collection La Desiree which is an intense burgundy and then in the satin lipstick Radieuse is a blush pink shade which is meant to be very feminine.
The collection also includes a highlighting powder and a blush. The highlighting powder Poure Universelle Libre called Moon Light shimmers with bronze and golden pearlizers adds the final touch to the look. I will definitely be going to buy me one of these as I am a massive fan of a highlighter. The blush Joues Contraste is a universal rosy beige shadow with small pink and golden pearlizers that subtly revive the skin tone.
Lastly the nail polish is a beautiful red called Rouge Rubis which is a scarlet polish that matches the rich beautiful shades of the rest of the collection. There is nothing more feminine than a red lip matched with a red nail.
So if you are a fan of anything like Chanel you need to check out this collection it launches today in SA.
Hope you enjoyed the post. x