Gosh Kiss Me Lip Balm
Gosh is launching these gorgeous 3 in 1 lip balms just before Valentine’s and I got 2 of them in the post with a packet of Love Hearts in the post. They are a limited edition Kiss Me Moisturising Lip Balms that are pigmented like a lipstick, moisturising like a lip balm and shine’s like a gloss.
There are 6 shades to choose from Innocent Kiss (natural/nude), First Kiss (light Pink), Flirty Kiss (orange), Sweet Kiss (bright pink), Irresistible Kiss (deep red) and Hot Kiss (hot red) priced at R99 each so a great budget product. These lip balms are so hydrating and moisturising on the lips and are supposed to improve the skin protection barrier and are perfume and paraben free. They will be available at Edgars or Red Square from early Feb. I love how the balm feels on my lips and I love the shine once applied. Here is a pic of me with Flirty Kiss on:
Thanks Shahanaz x
In this month’s Elle South Africa I did the make up for the Style For Less swimwear shoot. The brief was retro make up with a bright orange lip instead of the usual red. So here is how I created the look:
- Prepped skin with Dr Haushka Light Day Rose Cream.
- For the fair skin model’s I buffed into their skin Nars Sheer Glow foundation and concealed with Rimmel Wake Me and Mac Pro/Conceal Paletter and for the dark skin model I buffed in Bobbi Brown’s stick foundation and concealed using Bobbi Brown creamy concealer.
- For the eyes I based the lids with foundation to ensure the eye shadow stays. For the fair skin models I applied from the Stila In the Light Palette Bare eyeshadow which is a matte ivory shade and in the crease I blended Bobbi Brown eyeshadow in Sable to create definition and for the darker skin model I used Chanel Healthy Glow Powder in no 60 on the lid and in the crease I blended chocolate shadow from the Stila In the Light Palette. To create the flick on the eye I used one of my favourite products the Mac Blacktrach Gel Liner using the Mac small 263 angle brush.
- I filled in the brows using Mac pencil in Fling for the lighter girls and for the darker model I filled in the brows using Benefit Browzing in Dark. For the lashes I used Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara.
- I contoured on the lighter girls using Chanel Healthy Glow Powder in no 40 and for the darker girl I buffed in Bobbi Brown shadow in Espresso and for highlighting for the lighter models I used Mac Irridescent Powder in Silver Dusk and for the darker skin model I buffed in Estee Lauder Pure Colour in Topaz.
- For the cheeks I buffed in Mac blush in Tenderling for the paler girls and for the dark skin model I used Mac blush in Fever.
- For the lips I used Mac lipstick in Morange.
- I moisturised the girls bodies and for the paler girls I applied Mac Face and Body and highlighted their skin using Becca Luminous Skinfinish and for the darker model I highlighted the skin using Inglot Face and Body Bronzing Illuminator.
- Nails I used Inglot nail polish in no 942 which is a Colbalt Blue shade.
Check out the behind the scenes video on the Elle site: http://www.elle.co.za/style-for-less-swimwear/
Hope you enjoyed my post. x
We saw bright make up all over the SS13 Catwalks and its a trend that is being fully embraced in Europe and the US right now. All the overseas magazines are filled with beauty looks taking on this trend. Being from London I always buy the British magazines like Instyle and Company as they are always setting the trends with make up, hair and nails.
If you are more on the conservative side when it comes to make up and going bright on your eyes is way too much then try a bright lip or a nail. A fresh face with a pop of colour is a great way to brighten up your look and give you an edge.
Here are some products from my kit:
Mac is one of my favourite brands when it come to choice for all colours. Sadly you can’t get any of the pro products in South Africa so I got my hands on the Chromoline bright colours when I was in London these are amaming for creating a bright feline flick along the lashline. I love their lipsticks and their bright colours like Morange is my all time favourite for a bright lip.
Inglot also has great colour choices and a massive nail selection and what ever colour you fancy they normally have it. I recently shot for Elle Magazine SA and had to do 8 nail changes I ran straight to Inglot to get the bright colours. If you read my previous post on the Nails Inc collection there are 3 great neon colours for all skintones included. Essie is another great brand for colour choice and bright pops of colour check out their Neon Collection.
Opt for a colour liner or gel along your lash line or a pop of colour on your lash line and keep the rest of your make up really simple. Take an angle brush if you using a gel liner and sweep along the lash line. Alternatively if you feeling daring take a sweep of a bright eyeshadow and blend up the crease and apply the same colour liner in the waterline. Remember if you using an eyeshadow than either apply an eyelid primer like Smashox or apply your foundation and set with powder to make sure your eyeshadow stays on.
If you going for a bright lip make sure your lips are hydrated first with lip balm before applying. Go for bright pinks, orange’s or bright red. Or be daring and apply 2 bright colours apply the lighter on the outside and the darker on the inner part of the lip.
Hope you enjoyed my post. x