Revlon Nearly Naked and Colour Stay
I am always looking for great budget makeup that I can recommend as not everyone can afford to get their make up for high end brands.
I must admit I am really quite impressed with some of Revlon’s offerings like the Nearly Naked, Photoready and Colourstay products. I have been looking for great budget makeup in terms of powders and concealers and I found the Nearly Naked Compressed Powder and the Colour Stay Concealer which I am loving at the moment.
The Colourstay Concealer is creamy in consistency with an applicator so its easy to apply under the eye area and then you just dab in with your ring finger, its also great to even out skintone if you have any redness or pigmentation on your face. I apply where I feel I need it to create a flawless finish.
The Revlon Nearly Naked Powder really is so very light weight and sheer so its perfect to apply over the t-zone once you have applied your make up to set and to create a beautiful silky finish. I used the powder for my Fairlady Editorial shot last week to take away any shine from the darker skin model it worked wonders and looked amazing in front of the camera. The most important thing is that the powder doesn’t look cakey or heavy but just leaves a beautiful finish to the skin.
Key beauty tip: Make sure you have prepped your skin and mositurised so that your make up really does look beautiful.
Both great budget makeup buys.
I love when brands release new products and I am loving these new balms that offer a matt version and laquer version. I got my hands on one of the matt versions and two of the laquer versions.
The matt balms have a velvety matt look but are moisturising like a lip balm. The balms have a triple complex of Shea, Coconut and Mango Butters nourishes lips. I love the balm as even though is matt my lips still feel great and it glides on beautifully when you apply. They are launching 5 shades that will stay permanently on the shelf and 5 one time shades. Sadly the shade I am wearing Showy is a one time shade so if you love it as much as me then you will need to buy a few.
The Laquer balms have a medium buildable colour pay off, and the finish has a high shine finish and highly moisturising on the lips. Plus they all have a peppermint Frangrance and feel refreshing on the lips as well as hydrated. I am also loving the price of R120 so a great budget product with on trend shades.
Watch this space for video tutorial featuring the balms. Love them and definitely going in my pro kit.
The 2 Minute Smokey
So I am off to a business dinner tonight and because I never have much time to really get ready I thought a quick smokey eye with the Rimmel Scandal Eyes in Guilty Grey which I have blended in and finished off with the Maybelline Great Lash Mascara.
Enjoy your eve.
As a beauty blogger I have come to realise that most people don’t have the money to spend a fortune on make up and as much as I love the high end products there are some great quality budget products out there. So here are this weeks’s picks:
1) Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick Passionate – R99 – I have been wanting to try this stain for a while as it looks really similar to the Clinique Chubby Stick. I finally tried it out this week and I really like it. It is really hydrating on the lips and the pink colour was very pigmented and a beautiful bright pink. But beware it really does stain the lips.
2) Catrice Ultimate Shine Lipstick in Kiss Kiss Hibiskuss – R54.95 – Another great product from Catrice this lipstick has a beautiful sheen and really makes your lips pop. I really like texture and also feels great on the lips and is very moisturising. If you are on a budget this really is a great option to be right on trend.
3)Avon Duo Eyeshadow – R69.95 – A great budget brand that has really surprised me. I am already a massive fan of the BB cream. I like this little duo shadow set. It has a nice texture and blends in easily for a little smokey look.
4) Gosh Boost Your Lashes Mascara – R120 – I was sent this mascara to review a while back and I really like it. The wand is skinny and really gets into the roots and for me who has not much of a lash going on the mascara definitely gave me fuller lashes and a little curl.
5) NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in French Fries – R79.95 – I bought this pencil as I really liked the texture when I was in the shop. The pencil is so easy to apply and create a sexy smokey look. Fill in up to the crease of the eye and then blend along the crease to smooth out the edges. Its easy to take out with you and reapply as your evening progresses.
6) Essence Sun Club Bronzer in no 20 – R49 – A great bronzer and a great price. Its not very shimmery its more matt and very easy to apply and gives a great healthy. Take a large brush and blend in under cheek bones, on your temple, along the bridge of your nose and on your chin.
Hope you enjoyed my post.x
A lot of women I meet love make up but don’t have big budgets so I have been continuing my hunt for budget make up that is good quality. I went this week to do some shopping and walked away with a few new purchases. So here are my picks for the week:
1) Catrice Highlighting Powder: Its a very light powder great for creating a natural highlight on your skin. Best applied with fingers. Price R59.95.
2) Catrice Eyebrow Filler – This product is great for filling in brows for a more natural look. I applied the filler to my brows and really liked how they look and so easy to apply. Take the brush starting from the inner part of the brow and with upward strokes fill in the brow. Price R39.95
3) Rimmel Waterproof Gel Liner – The product is great the liner glides on so easily. I went for the deep pirple which is Aubergine in no 003. I also love that the gel comes with a little brush, you twist off the top part of the cap and voila there is your brush. The brush is easy to use so you don’t have to worry about going out to buy and eyeliner brush to apply this product. Price R64.95
4) L.A Girl Nail Polish – My manicurist told me about this nail polish so I decided to buy a couple of the nude colours. It just goes to show that you don’t have to spend a fortune on nail polish. The polish gildes on beautifully and doesn’t smear like some do. Definetly a winner for me. Price R32.95
If you have any great budget picks to share please post in the comments box.
Hope you enjoyed my post.x