Its been a crazy week of shooting editorials and beauty with barely any time to breath and blog. So here are some key product I have been using and a little party inspiration.
Makeup Artists To Follow
Being a makeup artist means that I aspire to be like some of the makeup artist legends out there. They inspire me and so many others and I wanted to break it down to my top 5 of who to follow.
Pat Macgrath: Seriously this woman is an absolute genius, she can create anything from the clean no makeup makeup to the crazy 1920’s inspired makeup. She leads makeup teams every season at fashion week and is brand ambassador for Dolce and Gabbana. She is definitely what inspires me to be a makeup artist.
Charlotte Tilbury: Charlotte also leads up countless shows at every fashion week creating iconic amazing looks. She launched her own makeup line last year which I love and basically rocks the makeup world shoting with the likes of Mario Testino and doing makeup for all the top magazines and campaigns.
Lisa Eldridge: Amazing makeup artist and beauty youtube guru and Chanel ambassador Lisa shares lots of her looks in her video’s. She is world famous and shoots for the likes of ID, Vogue and countless other magazine and countless celebrities. I love her work and I always go to ger video’s to learn new tips and tricks and find out what amazing products are out there.
Tom Pecheux: Brand ambassador for Estee Lauder and just absolutely amazing, this French makeup artist has rocked the artist world. His work for Estee Lauder is incredible as well as the rest of his work on fashion week and magazines. Love his work!
Gucci Westman: Brand ambassador for Revlon and phenomenal makeup artist Gucci Westman is one of the richest most successful artists out there. Leading countless fashion weeks, creating makeup for Revlon and the rest she is truly an inspiration.
So here it is. There are loads more I love and will share some more soon but these artist are amazing and will keep you busy for hours.
Just a quick post before I go let my hair down in Ibiza. I thought why not share what will be some key items in my beauty bag that will definitely be essentials to make me look pretty and protect my skin. So here is my Ibiza Beauty Edit:
Protecting skin against the rays is the no 1 most impostant thing if you are going to take anything in your beauty bag sun screen is a must. Loving my Vichy Capital Soleil as its easy to apply and I don’t burn with this baby.
During the day I won’t really be wearing too much makeup and foundation is definitely out so to keep skin looking glowing and fresh I am taking my Kiko Glowing Game Global Perfecting Primer which gives subtle shimmer to my skin. As I am going to be constantly on the go, the perfect little makeup compact where I don’t need any brushes is my new Charlotte Tilbury Breakfast At Tiffany’s Cream Shadow and Cheek and Lips. So I literally apply some beautiful bronze shimmer to my eyes and the pretty pink to lips and cheeks and voila ready to go.
Matt lips are always better for me when I am out and about because I find the lippie lasts longer so introducing the Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick which lasts for hours and feels amazing on the lips. This shade is Matte Magenta a beautiful bright pink that looks amazing with a tan.
The legs and arms needs to look shimmery and beautiful so I am going to achieve this with Charlotte Tilbury’s Super Model Body, Slimmer Shimmer, Shape Hydrate and Glow. Doesn’t that sound amazing? It’s so easy to apply with a metal roller applicator and I am good to go.
Nails need to be painted a summer shade so I am taking with me the Revlon Colourstay Gel Envy in Lady Luck its a gorgeous shade of pink.
I know sunglasses aren’t technically a beauty item but they will protect my eyes against the rays and I will be rockin the party with these cool Rayban glasses. I am seriously in love with these.
This week I have come across a great video to brighten your eyes, received some new beautiful products to test and been playing with some new makeup. So here are the highlights:
1) Charlotte Tilbury Bigger Brighter Eyes video is a great video I came across this week to really open up the eyes using tricks like adding a cream eye liner pencil in the waterline to make eyes look more awake, applying lots of mascara and using a liner that matches the eye colour and open the eyes up. Its a sexy look and also very pretty and one I will be trying on a shoot.
2) My Get The Look for the Elle Magazine SA 18th Birthday editorial went live on my blog this week where I go through each makeup look I created and products I used. From a contoured look to a plum smokey eye there are some beautiful trend looks for you to try out.
3) Clarins sent me their Bright Plus products in beautiful packing this week that I just can’t wait to test out. Normally I only write about products once I have tested but I just had to share because it looks so beautiful. The Bright Plus range is all about brighter, more translucent, flawless and even skin tone. Watch this space for my review.
4) Loving the new Smashbox 3D Always Sharp liners these are their latest edition to the always sharp pencils but these have a shimmery finish that give more of a 3D effect. Firstly I love these pens because you never have to sharpen them you twist the cap and voila they are sharp, they last for hours and are really easy to blend. Love
5) This is the first time I am sharing about another blog post but I wanted to share intothegloss’s post about mascara and why you need 3 different mascara’s on at the same time to get the desired effect. Mascara’s will never do everything you want so by applying 3 different ones you will get the lashes you always wanted.
Hope you had a great week.
Charlotte Tilbury Make Up Line
Charlotte Tilbury UK celebrity make up artist after 20 years of being in the industry has launched her new line in the UK in Selfridges, net-a-porter and on her own site last week Monday. I ordered some goodies online and hit Selfridges to obviously buy some more (beauty addict). What I can say is I absoloutely love the products they aren’t cheap and they are not crazy expensive either but they are amazing products. Charlotte works with the best of the best and has access to all products so of course when she launched her line she was going to make sure that her brand was going to be amazing. As part of the collection she is finally sharing her “Magic Cream” which she herself created and uses backstage on all the fashion week shows she does and on her shoots (I bought one of course) and I am in love with it.
The line consists of 10 iconic looks with an eyeshadow palette for each look and lipstick etc. Here is a link to her youtube channel so you can see how the looks are created and which product she is using. The make up is all about fail safe make up and easy to use products that glide on and to make women feel good about themselves when using the products.
I bought the Golden Godess and the Vintage Vamp eyeshadow palettes, I love the colours and I knew it would be colours I would use a lot especially as they are so on trend. Here is an image of me using the Golden Godess palette, the Wonder Glow under my foundation (illuminator) and the Full Fat Lashes Mascara. The eyeshadows are beautiful they blend in beautifully and the mascara gives beautiful lashes without having to curl them.
Here are some of the amazing products I got. The packaging is beautiful and very art deco. If you aren’t in London then try get a friend to get for you as these are beautiful products. Definitely going to be using in my tutorials and on my photoshoots. Excited!
Hope you enjoyed my post. x