For those of you who know the brand Elizabeth Arden have had the 8HR Cream around for a long time. The 8HR cream is a cult product and has a variety of uses including hair and cuticles. The Elizabeth Arden HR Cream Collection has increased over time with now a massive range. I was lucky enough thanks to the lovely Lauren at Elizabeth Arden I got quite a few bits from the range. The range itself is all about hydrating skincare that protects your skin and thats exactly what I love for myself.
I am busy doing an amazing makeup course with Val Garland one of the rock star makeup artists and this week we have been focusing on our pro kits. It got me to thinking what are the key items I can’t live without and its boiled down to items that really have multiple uses and allow you to be a bit creative.
A week of beauty and and amazing shoots so I thought I would share the looks that I created on set and a bit more:
1) My first campaign shoot for the week was Jay Jay’s an Australian young brand which was so fun to be part of. There were 2 girls but my favourite look of the two was Shirley’s. A feline flick and a violet lip, finally I was able to use my Lime Crime Lippie in Airborne Unicorn which looked amazing on her pale skin.
2) My favourite nail polishes for the week which I used for both models on the Jay Jay shoot were blue my current favourite shades of the moment. Essie in Butler Please an amazing colbalt blue that looks phenomenal on any skin tone and the baby blue Bourjois Polish in Adore Bleu. Love them both.
3) The brief for my poetry shoot was an English rose so it was all about pale skin, flushed cheeks and a stained lip. For the skin I used Mac Mineralise Moisture Foundation, the cheeks to get thast amazing flush I used Bobbi Brown in Poeny and the stained lips I used a berry/red shade with my fingers to create the stain, the trick is to barely use any lippie and pat down with tissue paper to get that stain.
4) My favourite shoot of the week was for Carvela which was all about the bronzed skin with a gloss on the cheek bones thanks to the Elizabeth 8HR Cream to give that high shine. Skin was prepped with Dermalogica and for the foundation I used Nars Sheer Glow. The eyes I used a Mac palette with bronze shades to create that sexy smokey eye and contoured the face with the Charlotte Tilbury Beach Stick in Ibiza and the Two Faced Bonjour Soleil Palette.
5) Loving this summer evening makeup video tutorial on getthegloss with makeup artist Alex Byrne. Its a beautiful easy look to create at home and is all about looking beautiful with a healthy glow.
Hope you had an amazing week.