The last 2 days on the set for Marie Claire SA was so much fun with a 25 girls with 2 makeup artists and 2 hairstylists being part of this shoot that will feature in the March 2015 issue so meant painting a lot of faces . The vibe of the shoot was all about beautiful girls with fresh looking skin, amazing coats from every designer like Dolce and Gabbana and Burberry and so many more.
To say I am beyond excited to have been part of this Elle beauty shoot would be an understatement. The editorial is all about braided hair and absoloutely flawless skin, I got to do the makeup for the shoot with Olga and April and the pictures have come out so beautifully. My brief was to create flawless beautiful skin and as you all know that is one of my favourite things to do.
Another great week packed with beauty, shoots and the rest. Here is my post of my week and what I have been up to all packed into one:
1) I have been guest blogging for A Fashion Friend and one of my posts this week was on how to achieve the Topshop Unique Spring Summer 14 look, its a cool undone grunge eye with a pop of shimmer and a flawless face.
2) If you didn’t get a chnace to read my Clarins Everlasting Foundation post then click here to read it. Its a beautiful foundation that gives the skin a flawless finish to the skin and looks amazing on my model Olga.
3) Chanel have launched their Les Rouge Culte de Chanel this week which is a re-edit of 3 of their vintage reds. Love them and will do a full post tomorrow for you on these gorgeous polishes.
4) My go to nude lipstick on shoots has been the Mac Matt Lipstick in Pander Me part of their new Matt lip collection. Its a gorgeous pinky brown nude lippie that looks beautiful on the medium to darker skin tones.
5) Lastly I want to share this high fashion video tutorial from Good Face, Jordan always does great makeup tutorials from every day looks to looks for shoots. Love this one and love the dark lip.
Hope you had a great week.
A week of beauty and and amazing shoots so I thought I would share the looks that I created on set and a bit more:
1) My first campaign shoot for the week was Jay Jay’s an Australian young brand which was so fun to be part of. There were 2 girls but my favourite look of the two was Shirley’s. A feline flick and a violet lip, finally I was able to use my Lime Crime Lippie in Airborne Unicorn which looked amazing on her pale skin.
2) My favourite nail polishes for the week which I used for both models on the Jay Jay shoot were blue my current favourite shades of the moment. Essie in Butler Please an amazing colbalt blue that looks phenomenal on any skin tone and the baby blue Bourjois Polish in Adore Bleu. Love them both.
3) The brief for my poetry shoot was an English rose so it was all about pale skin, flushed cheeks and a stained lip. For the skin I used Mac Mineralise Moisture Foundation, the cheeks to get thast amazing flush I used Bobbi Brown in Poeny and the stained lips I used a berry/red shade with my fingers to create the stain, the trick is to barely use any lippie and pat down with tissue paper to get that stain.
4) My favourite shoot of the week was for Carvela which was all about the bronzed skin with a gloss on the cheek bones thanks to the Elizabeth 8HR Cream to give that high shine. Skin was prepped with Dermalogica and for the foundation I used Nars Sheer Glow. The eyes I used a Mac palette with bronze shades to create that sexy smokey eye and contoured the face with the Charlotte Tilbury Beach Stick in Ibiza and the Two Faced Bonjour Soleil Palette.
5) Loving this summer evening makeup video tutorial on getthegloss with makeup artist Alex Byrne. Its a beautiful easy look to create at home and is all about looking beautiful with a healthy glow.
Hope you had an amazing week.
This is definitely one of m favourite looks I have done this year so far. Its always fun when you can be a little bit more adventurous with makeup. Here I have cheated the no brow, made the skin flawless paired with an ombre lip which is by far my favourite kinda lip and finished off with a cool retro hair style.
For the hair I prepped with Bumble and Bumble Sea Salt Spray and Thickening Hair Spray to really get guts into the hair. I blow dryed scrunching the hair with my hands to look the heat in and get some voume.
I took the top section to the crown and pinned away and tied the rest of the hair into a pony tail and created a half bun half pony tail and pinned to secure. For the top of the hair I tonged the pieces and then twisted the whole section and pushed forward to get the retro look and then pinned into place.
I love a no brow look, if you have been wanting to bleach brows but are scared it won’t look good then you can cheat the no brow. Take brow wax apply to set the hair and ensure that the brow will stay put, then take a blending brush and apply the lightest concealer to the hair and voila no brows. In this case I used my Bobbi Brown Porcelain Creamy Concealer from my foundation/concealer palette.
Skin was prepped to ensure that the foundation would apply beautifully you all know I am massive on skincare. The foundation I used was the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation as its amazing and makes skin look absolutely flawless. The face was subtly contoured and of course highlighted because this look is all about the dewiness so you need a whole lot of highlighter to cheat the glow.
For the lips I took a dark shade this is the base shade and a bright red shade in the centre of the lips to really create the emphasis of the ombre lip. My favourite lip pencil for this look is the Mac Nightmoth to really emphasise the lip shade and mac Ruby Woo for the centre of the lip.
Here are the key products:
Summer is all about glowing skin and bright pops on the lips. I never like anything to heavy but I want to look fresh and awake and accentuate the eyes. Here is my summer night out makeup I sported the other night doing my usual pout!
The key part of the look is the eyes and the lips, here is a closer up look before I went out on the eyes. I made the focus on the bottom lash line opting for the lower smokey rather the normal smokey eye, plus I wanted to look awake and make the darker shade pop by applying a white liner in the bottom waterline. I finished off the eyes with lashings of mascara on the top and bottom lash line.
The eyeshadow I used was from the Charlotte Tilbury Golden Goddess Palette and for the mascara I used the Maybelline The Rocket Mascara it’s amazing for volume.
For the face I focused on the middle part of the face blending out and I used the Mac Mineralise Moisture Foundation and for the Bronzer I used the Two Faced Bonjour Soleil Palette.
The lips were also a focus and because I went for a pink dress I thought a pink gloss would look great so I used the Elizabeth Arden Passion Fruit Lipgloss no 10.
A nice quick and easy look using 6 products.
I absolutely loved doing this Elle Style For Less shoot as I got to play a little with the makeup. The brief was a modern muse with the sixties inspired makeup, and with Gina’s amazing big eyes this look was perfect for her.
The key look for the makeup was bottom lashes, a thin liner on the top lash line, a fresh face an a nude lip.
The key items to create the look was the Benefit Oxygen Wow Oh So Flawless Foundation, Mac Brow Pencil in Lingering, Mac Fluidline in Blacktrack, Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Colour Lash Enhancing Mascara, Eyelure Naturalites Underlash and Mac Taupe Pro Palette Blush (contouring).
If you haven’t had a chance to see the Behind The Scenes video yet check it out here.
There are so many takes on the sixties inspired makeup, I love this one as its more subtle but the pop comes with the bottom lashes.
Fresh Produce Editorial for Elle SA
In this editorial it was all about the Couture dresses so makeup was kept simple and on trend with the purple lip.
Skin was prepped with Dermalogica Skincare as I am now part of their artist program. Remember skincare is so iportant before makeup application. I used the Precleanse, Ultra Calm Cleanser, Multi Active Toner and Skin Smoothing Cream to create the perfect base.
Here are the key items for the look:
Bobbi Brown Stick Foundation, Mac Warm Neutral Eye Palette, Mac Fall AW14 Lip Palette, Benefit Browzing and Maybelline Rocket Volume Express.
The focus was totally on skin and lips and for the nails I used the super cool Toy nail Leather Crush polish in Sapphire:
Get The Glamour Look: The Barely There Makeup
This Glamour Shoot was based in a farm to get the real farm girl vibe, and yes the model was holding a real chicken! The brief for the make was that barely there look with a little bit of something on the eyes. For the hair we went for a good old fishtail plait to real get into the spirit.
Here’s my Get The Look:
Makeup here was all about the skin so I made sure Joyelle’s skin was well hydrated, cleansed and moisturised, for the foundation I used the trusty Bobbi Brown Stick Foundation as its for me hands down one of the best foundations for darker skin girls. For highlighting I went for a deep bronze but only just a little on the top of the cheek bones.
For the eyes I used a black Smashbox Always Sharp Eyeliner pencil along the lash line and into the crease and blended to create that barely there cool smokey eye. To get a little more definition I used Bobbi Brown Espresso eyeshadow purely because Joyelle has dark skin and needed extra definition. Once I blended in the eyeliner I went over the top lash line so it was more definied and then applied in the bottom waterline. I filled brows with Smashbox Brow Tech but not too much as I wanted Joyelle to look as natural as possible.
Lips were kept hydrated and natuarl with just Carmex as does a farm girl wear lipstick?
So here is the Behind The Scenes video I hope you enjoy.
Get The Look: Ombre Lip and Textured Hair
I just can’t get enough of the berry/red ombre lip at the moment it just looks amazing every time. In this A Fashion Friend Editorial I kept the skin fresh, dewy and contoured and focused on the lips and on the hair.
To get the ombre look you need to take your dark shade first and then your lighter shade goes on top into the centre of the lip to create the 2 tone effect. Lips were lined with Mac Nightmoth Lip Pencil to create definition and for the dark shade I used one of my favs Mac Lipstick in Darkside. To create the ombre I used a red lipstick this just gives such amazing definition I used Mac Red for the centre of the lips.
To get the textured hair I applied heat defense spray first to protect it as this is a must when using tongs or a hairdryer. To get the guts in the hair I spritzed Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray and Sea Salt Spray and blowdryed the hair scrunching the hair to lock in the products. I then took a tong and wrapped 1inch sections of the hair for 10 seconds so as to get shape into the hair. To get extra texture I used Redken Powder Grip which also helps give more volume.
With a section comb I took the top piece of the hair to the crown, tied into a pony tail then twisted and pinned. To get volume I used a teasing brush to tease sections of the hair to give more body.
Have you tried the ombre lip yet?