Gosh Kiss Me Lip Balm
Gosh is launching these gorgeous 3 in 1 lip balms just before Valentine’s and I got 2 of them in the post with a packet of Love Hearts in the post. They are a limited edition Kiss Me Moisturising Lip Balms that are pigmented like a lipstick, moisturising like a lip balm and shine’s like a gloss.
There are 6 shades to choose from Innocent Kiss (natural/nude), First Kiss (light Pink), Flirty Kiss (orange), Sweet Kiss (bright pink), Irresistible Kiss (deep red) and Hot Kiss (hot red) priced at R99 each so a great budget product. These lip balms are so hydrating and moisturising on the lips and are supposed to improve the skin protection barrier and are perfume and paraben free. They will be available at Edgars or Red Square from early Feb. I love how the balm feels on my lips and I love the shine once applied. Here is a pic of me with Flirty Kiss on:
Thanks Shahanaz x
Elizabeth Arden is well known for its iconic Eight Hour Cream and in February 14 they will be launching the Limited Edition which I got my hands on as a Chritmas gift from the lovely PR Manager Alice. I think most make up artists have a tube of the Eight Hour Cream in their pro kit and its probably one of their best selling products.
If you don’t know what the Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant is an all-day, all-night, all-in-one beauty secret. This skincare helps sooth, restore, calm and helps relieve chapped, cracked and dry skin as the cream has anti-inflammatory benefits. As well as soothes, and comforts minor weather burns, scrapes and abrasions.
The story behind the Eight Hour cream:
It was created in the 1930’s by Elizabeth Arden to soothe skin and became an overnight success. The cream was so effective as it combined petrolatum, a skin soothing beta- hydroxy in one of its first cosmetic uses, and Vitamin E. The apricot coloured balm was so beneficial to her clients, Miss Arden used it to soothe her thorough bread horses.
Most make up artists will swear by the cream when on set to apply to lips as well as using it to create a natural highlight on the cheek bones for a shoot or apply to the lids to create a gloss effect without being sticky.
Here are 10 top tips on how to use the cream from the Rebecca the Gobal Make Up Artist:
- Smooth on brows to tame unruly brows.
- Keep skin hydrated while travelling. Take a pea size rub in to your hands to warm up the cream and pat onto your face to seal in the moisture.
- Rub cream on cuticles at night to keep them soft and easy to maintain.
- When wearing sandles apply each night and lock in moisture by wearing socks while sleeping.
- Create dewy skin by applying on cheek bones.
- Achieve a sexy glow by applying on shoulders, collar bone and shins.
- Hydrate and soothe chapped lips.
- Control ashiness on elbows by massaging them into the areas after showering when your skin is most receptive to moisture.
- Revive hair that has been damaged due to over styling, weather or hair colouring by applying a small amount onto dry areas especially the ends!
- Make eyeshadow look softer and sheer. Use fingertips and apply to the centre of the lids over the eeshadow. This will create extra shimmer and glow without disturbing the rest of your make up.
So if you haven’t tried the Eight Hour Cream go get one and if you are already a big fan then you will want to get your hands on this limited edition pot. I love it.
Hope you enjoyed my post. x
I love Mac Cosmetics as they are alsways bringing out key trend makeup each season and more. Today on my travel’s through Europe I bought some new goodies from Mac Cosmetics Latest Collection Temperature Rising. In the collection is a selection of quad eyeshadows, eye pencils, lipsticks and lip glosses as well as bronzer’s and strobe liquid.
I love this collection and the packaging. The texture of the eye pencil’s are amazing there are 4 colours in the collection I bought Copper Strip its beautiful on its own for a light smokey eye. The eyeshadow quads are great colours I went for the peach/purple’s called Temperature Rising they are great colours for day and night and again amazing textures. For the lipsticks there are 2 shimmer colours and then 2 creamsheen’s in a nude and a pink/purple I went for the puple called Feel My Pulse this colour will be great for a fresh face lots of mascara and a pop on the lip. I am also loving the lipgloss colours again great with a little shimmer on the eye and then gloss on the lips.
The Stobe liquid is beautiful I applied it to the top of my cheek bones. Its a great product if you have a slight tan on your face to give that extra sheen to the skin.
I really love this collection and the colours. Mac is always so on trend and the quality never disappoints. Get to Mac quick before it all sells out.