I love to share the looks I create when I am shooting for a magazine and I do this by creating a Get The Look post every time I shoot I did gets published that I really love.
In this shoot I got the pleasure of working with 2 amazing sisters that are twins from Lithuania Aide and Eiva who jet set around the world shooting for magazines like Vogue. In this Get The Look Elle Style For Less editorial for March the brief was all about creating amazing skin that was glowing and dewy which basically is my favourite thing to do when creating a look. I spent a lot of time on prepping the skin and then buffing in foundation and concealing to make sure the skin was perfect.
So here is what I used to create Get the look:
For the skin I used my Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream to add moisture and hydration to the skin as the girls had been flying a lot so I wanted to give the skin a boost. Before applying the cream I cleansed using the Mac Lightful Cleanser to ensure the skin was fresh.
The second step for this Get The Look I buffed into the skin the Smashbox HD Halo Liquid Foundation for a beautiful dewy finish and then for the concealing I buffed in using my Mac 217 blending brush the Mac Pro Conceal and Correct Palette. For the highlighting I applied the Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate palette and then went over to create the high gloss feel with Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream on top of the cheek bones.
For the eyes I applied a wash of foundation onto the lids and then in the crease and then up to the brow bone on the inner corner of the eye I applied Buck from the Urban Decay Naked Palette. For the brows I filled in using the Smashbox Brow Tech Pen and for the lashes I applied Charlotte Tilbury Fat Lashes mascara.
I contoured using the Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate palette as I wanted creamy textures to compliment the dewy skin. I kept the cheeks neutral with Mac Blush in Coppertone. The lips I kept nude so I applied the Eight Hour Cream and then applied with my fingers using the Mac Fall 13 Palette using the shade Autumn which is a peach shade.
To achieve this Get The Look post you don’t have to use the products I used but it gives you an idea of what I used and textures I created.Check out the link for the Get The Look behind the scenes video showing us doing a little bit of work and having a lot of fun!
I have been filming some make up video’s in studio and this is the first of them its all about how to do the perfecr red lip. The channel is called Mumspiration on Youtube and its about inspiring young mum’s. I am featuing video’s every Friday at 11 am so hope you enjoy.
The red lip is a massive trend and I show you how to do the perfect lip and to create a whole look to go with it:
Hope you enjoy the tutorial.
Get The Look: Elle Street Style
This shoot was all about street style shot in around Cape Town city centre with the crazy and edgy Dani who was our model for the day. The brief for the make up was clean skin as they wanted Dani’s freckles coming though and highlighting and contouring. So here is how I created the look:
Face: I prepped her skin with Nars Luminous Moisture Cream and then buffed in using my real techniques expert face brush Smashbox Liquid Halo foundation one of my favs at the moment and concealed under the eyes with Bobbi Brown creamy concealer.
Eyes: I kept pretty nude and just applied the Mac Paint Pot in Camel Coat which is a light grey colour and blended that in. I filled the brows with Benefit Brow Zing in Dark and then applied Maybelline the Falsies Mascara on the lashes.
Contour and Highlight: I used Nars Laguna Bronzer and for the highlighting I used Charlotte Tilbury Flimstar Glow.
Lips: These were kept really nude I prepped with Carmex and then applied Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick in Penelope.
Nails: As the face was so clean we went for a bright nail using the Estee Lauder Pure Colour in Hot Spell.
Here is the link for the behind the scenes video where you can see how it works on set and hear from Mary Gouviea how she created the hairstyle.
Hope you enjoyed my post.
Some of you may know that I have filmed some video tutorials in studio so all very professional! The first will be live on my channel in a couple of weeks but in the mean time The Buchanan Group created me a promo video to promote my channel which I think was pretty nice of them. They made me twirl around in studio like I was in a hair ad but you get the idea of what my channel and blog are about.
So here it is:
Let me know your thoughts. Shahnaz x
The holidays are upon us and its constant parties and Christmas and New Year. In this video I wanted to show how easy it is to create a chocolate shimmery eye. This look is great with a nude lip or for a more dramatic look go for a bold red lip.
So here are the produucts I used:
- Nars Luminous Moisture Cream
- Smashbox Liquid Halo Foundation
- Mac Pro Conceal/Correct Palette in Medium
- Mac Paint Pot Contructivist
- Mac Pressed Pigment in Beaming
- Clarins Kohl Eye Pencil in Taupe no 8
- Suqqu Brow Pens
- Shu Umera Lash Curler
- Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Colour Lash Enhancing Mascara
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow
- Micheal Kors Sexy Flush
- Revlon Matt Lipstick in Smoked Peach
- Daniel Sandler Blotting Powder
Enjoy the holidays. Hope you enjoyed my post. x
So its spring here in the beautiful Cape Town (glad I no longer endure English winter). The lovely Michelle from Luxury Cosmetics sent me the Stila In The Moment Eye Palette which is a shimmery palette with pretty shades for spring and then darker purple, bronze and black to take your look from day to night.
I decided to try the lighter shades and then blend in the darker prurple to create a pretty spring eye and then apired it with a Stila lipgloss to keep the look really fresh and summery.
For my face: I buffed in Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation and contoured using Hoola by Benefit.
For the eyes: I used thed an eye primer before applying the eyeshadow. Then to base the lids I took the lighter shade Desire and applied over my lid up to the crease, then I took the gold/champagne shade Wonder and applied that over the lighter shade. Then with a Mac 217 blending brush I used light and dark purple in Impulse and Glance and blended into the outer corner of my eye slightly winging out and I applied under my eye the darker purple in Glance. In the outer corner of my eye I applied the Smudge Stick in Tantra that came with the set and then blended it in. I finished off the eye with some mascara.
Lips: I applied the Stila Lip Glaze in Passion Fruit to give a pretty lip and not take any focus off the purple on the eye.
The Stila palette is great as you can create a pretty day look for work or when going out in the day and then to take it to a night look you can blend the darker shades in to create a smokey look.
Watch this space as will be filming a video tutorial using the palette.
Hope you enjoyed my post. x
Behind The Scenes
A couple weeks ago I posted a blog post on a black/silver smokey eye which we filmed on the day of a beauty shoot in studio. On the same day a behind the scenes was shot for the model Emma Menteath’s Youtube Channel My Life In Pink. Here are 2 video’s from the day where you can see me in action and see what its like on set and to hear what its like from Emma on being a model and how it works on a beauty shoot.
On the day we shot a few looks and it was all about dramatic facial expressions which Emma is amazing at. If you are inspiring model then here is a glimpse into the life of a model and a glimpse into the life of a make up artist.
Hope you enjoyed the videos. x
The last of the key fashion week shows was in Paris for Spring/Summer 2014. Here we see more make up and hair trends for the key artists in the industry.
Make Up Trends:
- The flawless contoured face with a very nude/natural lip and bold brows is always as key trend. Minimal make up enhancing the face’s features is here to stay. Make sure you have a good beauty routine so that your skin is already glowing before you apply any make up.
- The red lip is an all time classic paired with the flick on the eye and its a trend that is elegant as well as very cool if you get the hair right.
- In every fashion week we see a graphic eye. Here Mac have winged the eye out and added glitter onto the lids paired with a very nude face and lips this is a very cool look.
- Pop of colour on the eyes is always going to be in for Spring/Summer. I love the purple as its a great alternative to the normal smokey eye and makes the eyes pop.
- White Eyeliner is a trend that keeps coming back. It can either be worn with a nude lip as seen at Paris Fashion Week or a beautiful red lip.
- Kohl eyes where the eye has been rimmed with a black pencil is back on the catwalks. Its an easy look that can quickly transform your face.
- Chocolate Smokey eye is always a winner. Here the emphasis is on the under part of the eye and softer on the lids. It makes the eyes really pop and looks beautiful with a fresh contoured face.
- Textured Up Do has been very popular in all the fashion weeks. Textured undone hair is really a very big trend and really softens the make up. Plus is easy to achieve at home with the right styling products.
- I am loving the head band acessory with the the simple ponytail. Its such a beautiful way to make your look stand out and keeps it really modern.
- In the Lavin and Stella Macartney Show pony tails were textured and swept to the side and fastened at the nape of the neck.
- In the Issey Miayake show hair was sleak and very structured and had hidden twists. Make sure hair has been straightened before styling.
So that’s it for the fashion weeks SS14. Hope you have enjoyed following the trends. x
I wanted to do a tutorial using the amazing Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24 HR Eyeshadows and pair it with a trend bright red lip. This tutorial is a quick and easy look that can be worn day or night.
Here is what I used to create the look:
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation
- Maybelline 24 HR Colour Tattoo Cream Eyeshadow
- Mac Brow Pencil in Fling
- Max Factor 2000 Calories Mascara
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow
- Bourjois Cream Blush in no 2
- Kiko Lipstick and Mac Lipstick in Ladybug
- Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot
Hope you enjoyed the video. x
Lancome In Love
Lancome have brought out this Limited edition collection In Love with beautiful Emma Watson being the face of the collection. Its perfect for spring and I am loving the colours with mixes of pinks, purple’s and orange. I managed to get my hands on one of the blushes no 20 Pomettes D’Amour which is pink on the outside and a coral in the middle and one of the shimmer eyeshadows. The collection consists of a mist, blushes, lipsticks, pretty shimmery eyeshadows and eyeliners and nail polish all in pretty packaging. Prices range from R270 to R475.
I have been using the blush quite a bit on set as it gives a beautiful flushed cheek and an amazing pop of colour. Check out the beautiful Ines behind the scenes on last week’s shoot her cheeks look gorgeous:
If you are a big fan of Lancome then you will love this range. Its very pretty and perfect for Spring!
Hope you enjoyed my post. x