As you all know I love sharing the beauty trends each season as it keeps me as a make up artist up to date on key beauty trends and it helps my followers know what is a big trend. So here are some key trends from London Fashion Week AW14
1) Beautiful Skin is what its all about. Fresh and healthy where the natural skin can shine through. Highlights are essential on the top of the cheek bones, bridge of the nose, inner corners of the eyes and on the cupids bow. Finished off with the most subtle of contouring.
2) Pops of pinks and purples are a big trend some more subtle through the crease of the eye with a touch of colour to a full on colour pop on the eyes.
3) Its All About the Blue, this is my favourite shade at the moment and blue is a trend that is here to stay.I love the colour on the waterline it adds so much more definition to the smokey eye.
4) The Smokey Eye with either to the smoke on the bottom lash line or just on the top lid and winged out to create a beautiful shape and pulled into the inner corner of the eye.
5) The Lips and colour is a big trend from full a stain, full colour to blurred edges applied with a blending brush.Watch this pace for the Milan Fashion Week trend report.
So New York fashion week is over and its already happening in London. I always love this time as there are always new make up trends, new products and different twists on previous make up looks. So here is what I have been seeing and what I am loving.
- Flawless Skin is key through out all the looks most of the time the skin is dewy at times has that almost plastic feel but we are also seeing a matt face too. But the key is that the skin is flawless and contoured with a nude lip and a touch of shimmer in the inner corner of the eyes.
- I love love the glitter trend its a such a simple look but with the right foundation and a nude lip it looks beautiful and so easy to recreate yourself.
- Usually we see the feline flick but the new trend is a gold liner on top of the black gel liner with a nude lip.
- The glossy eye is back and it always looks amazing. Using clear gloss is not something you can wear during the day but an alternative is Eight Hour Cream.
- The smokey eye always comes in different forms and shades I love the eye blue smokey created by Pat Macgrath it looks amazing with the pop of shimmer in the centre of the eye. We are also seeing a plum smokey but only on half of the lid so its more subtle. We also seeing the smokey at the bottom lash line again using the plum shades so this is defintely a trend colour.
- The liner through the crease of the eye is back but this time a dark shade has been used instead of the previous neon colours we saw last year. Or the alternative trend is the heavy contour in the crease if you don’t want the liner. I love both.
- The foil lip is absolutely beautiful with the smokey eye. The lip just pops with the two tone shades and the gold in the centre gives that foil like effect.
- The colour in the waterline features again we saw it in the SS13 trends and its back and so simple but so effective in giving your make up a modern twist.
- Graphic Eye will always be on trend and always look really cool.
- The bold brow is still here to stay and I think will be a trend for a while, it just completes the look.
- The white liner is back but this time on the bottom lash line it looks very cool with the dewy almost plastic looking skin but for the every day woman you may want to take the white liner trend and work it on your top lash line.
- Shimmery eye with silvers or pastel shades is another trend. I love silver against a flawless face it just looks amazing.
- Pops of colour such as lilac and orange on the lid are a beautiful take on colour for winter to give your face a bit of colour.
Hope you enjoyed the post and love the trends as much as I do.
My week finished off with a bang yesterday at the Elle Birthday shoot with an amazing team. Its been a week of make up trends at New York Fashion Week and getting my hands on some great products.
1. I love this video of Mac Cosmetics backstage at New York fashion week with the different make up artists talking about the looks created and products being used plus what the trends are for AW14. For me as a make up artist I love seeing new products and all the ways of make up application. In the video we see my favourite Mac 217 brush being used to apply lipstick and creating a stain or a really beautiful lip.
2. I came across another video from Allure’s instagram feed of some backstage beauty tricks from Diane Kendal backstage at the Jason Wu show. They have great backstage video’s and pics of looks being created. I am loving the blue eye created by Pat Macgrath for the Anna Sui show. I will be doing a full trend report next week.
3. I was part of the Elle magazine birthday shoot as they turn 18 in April. It was an amazing day with 13 models each with a different look represeneting what the magazine is all about. I will be blogging about the looks I created once the magazine is out. The first look was with a beautiful dark lip with the twin sisters using one of my favourite dark lipsticks Cyber from Mac.
4. I got my hands on new make up launching from Chanel in March/April in SA. Love the eye palettes and I used one of the them at the Elle shoot to create a smokey eye. I love their textures and shades definitely a massive Chanel fan. They are also launching their new Velvet foundation which has a matt texture its not a texture I normally go for as I love a dewy face but this one feels like silk on the skin.
Hope you had a great week.
Glam Dark Lips By Michael Kors
I blogged a while back about the Michael Kors beauty range that hit SA but I didn’t get my hands on the Glam range until this week. I am very into the dark berry lip because firstly it looks pretty hot if your skin looks amazing and you have lots of mascara and the key thing its a massive make up trend.
I recently posted a video on how to wear the dark lip 3 ways so in continuation from that I wanted to share the Michael Kors Glam Dame Lipstick and Glam Icon Lip Lustre. Firstly they feel great on the lips and really hydrating but what I like about these 2 goodies is that you can wear the trend without it being too much.
Here is me wearing the gloss you can still rock the berry trend without your lips looking way too dark, its pretty shade and looks great with a minimum make up or you can wear with a smokey eye without taking away from the eye:
The second pic is me wearing the lipstick again the colour isn’t too dark so its really wearable day or night. When applying to get ore intensity you need to apply a few layers:
The lippes are available at Stuttafords in Cape Town and Joburg but sadly you can’t buy online yet.
I love when the fashion weeks are on its one of my favourite times to follow beauty as the top make up artists like Pat Mcgrath, Charlotte Tilbury and Val Garland are creating beautiful looks.
I think my favourite is the Chanel make up look with the graphic eye and glitter on the bottom lash line and flawless skin. I am also loving the look created by Pat Macgrath with the pop of blue in the inner corner of the eye and bronze on the bottom lash line and tons of lashes.
The smokey eye and the red lip is always going to be on trend and just looks so beautiful. The red lip stands out even more with the fresh flawless skin and shimmer in the inner corner of the eyes.
For me beauty is all about the skin and I love the clean flawless complexion with subtle highlighting and definition on the eyes and subtle contouring.
The grahic architectural eye is always a big player in the fashion weeks taking on different shapes every time with beautiful skin and totally nude lips.
The last of the key fashion week shows was in Paris for Spring/Summer 2014. Here we see more make up and hair trends for the key artists in the industry.
Make Up Trends:
- The flawless contoured face with a very nude/natural lip and bold brows is always as key trend. Minimal make up enhancing the face’s features is here to stay. Make sure you have a good beauty routine so that your skin is already glowing before you apply any make up.
- The red lip is an all time classic paired with the flick on the eye and its a trend that is elegant as well as very cool if you get the hair right.
- In every fashion week we see a graphic eye. Here Mac have winged the eye out and added glitter onto the lids paired with a very nude face and lips this is a very cool look.
- Pop of colour on the eyes is always going to be in for Spring/Summer. I love the purple as its a great alternative to the normal smokey eye and makes the eyes pop.
- White Eyeliner is a trend that keeps coming back. It can either be worn with a nude lip as seen at Paris Fashion Week or a beautiful red lip.
- Kohl eyes where the eye has been rimmed with a black pencil is back on the catwalks. Its an easy look that can quickly transform your face.
- Chocolate Smokey eye is always a winner. Here the emphasis is on the under part of the eye and softer on the lids. It makes the eyes really pop and looks beautiful with a fresh contoured face.
- Textured Up Do has been very popular in all the fashion weeks. Textured undone hair is really a very big trend and really softens the make up. Plus is easy to achieve at home with the right styling products.
- I am loving the head band acessory with the the simple ponytail. Its such a beautiful way to make your look stand out and keeps it really modern.
- In the Lavin and Stella Macartney Show pony tails were textured and swept to the side and fastened at the nape of the neck.
- In the Issey Miayake show hair was sleak and very structured and had hidden twists. Make sure hair has been straightened before styling.
So that’s it for the fashion weeks SS14. Hope you have enjoyed following the trends. x
I am loving the make up and hair trends that we are seeing for SS14. So Milan fashion week has come and gone and here are the key trends that we are seeing:
- Clean velvet skin is a continous trend and done right is so beautiful. Its all about prepping the skin with the right beauty routine and then contouring and highlighting is key to pull off this look.
- Bronze eye as seen in the Gucci show with a beautifully contoured face a prefect look for spring/summer and bronzed flawless skin is back with a nude lip.
- Graphic eye is always a trend but we are always seeing a variation of it so as to keep it really modern.
- Bright Lips will always be a trend for spring/summer but am loving this matt tangerine shade with minimal make up on the rest of the face.
- Pop of colour on the eye is in lilac and light green is a great way to make your look really summer without it being too much. Remember keep the rest of the face clean.
- Shimmer eye as seen in Dolce and Gabanna where a wash of a champagne shade has been blended into the lid up to the crease and then a taupe colour has been blended into the crease to make the lighter shade pop.
- Kohl Eyes is always in there is nothing more beautiful with big lashes and a contoured face.
- Pony Tail with an accessory to give the hairstyle a bit of edge.
- We seeing a lot of sleek hair where hair is completely up or an accessory has been added. I love the flower viser with sleek hair on top and then the rest of the hair is blowdried that was seen in the Marni show.
- I am loving the accessories as seen in Dole and Gabanna, the up do is textured and finished off with a head band and gold coins.
- Very natural hair with a bit of movement and a slight bit of texture looks amazing with a very clean and contoured face.
- Half up and half down and to make it more interesting gold leafing has been used in the parting.
- I love the up do in the Georgio Armani show where hair has been set in waves and then swept to the side.
Watch this space for the Paris Fashion Week trends. I hope you enjoyed my post. x
So London Fashion Week has come and gone and its onto Milan Fashion Week. Here are the make up and hair trends from the London Shows:
Make Up Trends:
- Red Lip – This trend is here to stay as you can never go wrong with a beautiful red lip and I love the red lip and red nails its a very elegant look. Keep the face fresh and with a strong brow looks totally amazing.
- Smokey Eye – Each season we see a different variation of a smokey eye which I love. Here we see a softer smokey its really beautiful and more modern.
- Strong Brows – It looks like the strong brow trend is continuing. With models like Cara Delevigne causing a storm the groomed full brow is not going any where in a hurry.
- Graphic Eye – Yet another trend that we are seeing a lot of some are more subtle like we see with a flick of blue liner on the edges of the eye which is a more wearable trend to the full on graphic eye.
- Pops of colour – For spring/summer we are always going to see pops of colour I love the bright pink matt lip with the blue undertone and then we see purple on the eyes through the crease.
- Flawless Contoured Skin is a massive trend and for me if you have the skin right everything else looks amazing.
- Shimmery Eyes – Such a beautiful look paired with clean skin and a nude lip
- Undone textured hair is another trend that we keep seeing again and again that looks so beautiful with either a clean face or a bit of a smokey.
- 70’s hair was seen in the Holly Futon show where the hair was pulled to the one side and the other side is big curls.
- Sleek hair – I love the sleek ponytails with the detail at the back and almost 3 dimensional and where the ponytail has been looped and pinned under.
- Big hair wavy trend that we spot at fashion week each seaon and I love how it has been paired with graphic eye and nude lip.
- Natural Hair – so no styling at all and the models hair was washed and then left and make up super clean and dewy.
- Beautiful classic updos where hair has been pinned up and beautiful textured updos with flowers in the hair which is so beautiful.
Hope you enjoyed my post. x
New York Fashion Week for Spring/Summer 14 kicked off last week. I love this time of year when we see all the trends in hair and make up and new products that are being used. What we are seeing in the shows are bright lips, fresh pops of colour on the eyes, a variation of a smokey eye and cool hair styles and oh yes not to forget the nail trends that are stronger than ever.
So here are the key make up trends:
- Bright Lip: Oranges and purples are definitely key colours plus a little ombre bright lip which I personally love. The ombre lip we are seeing is a matt lip with orange as the base colour and in the inner lip a slight yellow in matt.
- The Smokey Eye using chocolates and beautiful bronzes paired with very cool nails. There is nothing more pretty than a bronze eye with a sparkle element to really make the eyes pop.
- Pops of colour on the eye. I love the clean skin and lips and cool colours used to make the eyes pop.
- The red lip is always on trend in either a bright red and deeper stained red lip. I just can’t get enough of a beautiful red lip with a white eyeliner to give it a modern twist.
- I am loving a little bit of the graphic eye paired with a bright lip and a bright nail. Very fresh and very modern.
Here are the key hair trends:
- Textured hair with that almost grunge feel is back paired with a very clean face. Its a very natural undone look. Or alternatively textured hair with a bright lip.
- Sleek hair is very much on trend. I love this look as its very elegant and modern at the same time. Either in a sleek ponytail or a sleek structured up do.
- We are seeing plaits again but in a more romantic way and so easy to do at home.
- I am loving the modern updo’s I love the mixture of a plait and a twist it looks beautiful and very cool at the same time. When the hair is a big focus you can keep the make up really clean and pop with the lip.
- As always sleek waves are always on trend and I love the look with the side parting.
- The top knot has made a come back its such a pretty look and easy to create.
Watch out for the trends from London, Paris and Milan.
Hope you enjoyed my post. x
I just filmed a trend video tutorial for beautybulletin.com where the key focus was the bright lip. I focused on pink lipstick because its a trend that is perfect for spring and summer and people find more wearable than red or orange. There are so many pink lipsticks on the market in all different price ranges. Here are my pink lipstick picks:
1) Bourjois Rouge Edition no 12 – I am a fan of Bourjois make up and I am absolutely loving this range of lipsticks and this beautiful colour. Its a bright pink more neon with a beautiful lustrous finish and a beautiful shine. It feels so light on the lips and feels really hydrating. Definite must have.
2) Rimmel Apocolips in 303 Apocoliptic – A bold beautiful blue based pink with a brush applicator that glides onto the lips when applied and feels luxurious. I love the texture and the finish and its very pigmented and all you need is one application.
3) Topshop Bombshell – This lipstick is matt so its really on trend as we saw matt lips all over ss13 fashion week. Even though its matt it doesn’t dry out your lips and feels really moisturising. Bombshell is a neon pink and has a real pop especially against a clean fesh face. This colour is great for medium to olive skin tones. I love it.
4) Revlon Just Bitten Kissable in no 20 Lovesick Passionnee – I recently bought this balm and I really was impressed. Its very similar to the Clinique chubby stick and a better price too. It has a beautiful glossy finish and is very pigmented which I was surprised about and lasts for ages. If you are not a big fan of wearing lipstick this balm is a great option and so easy to apply. Its a colour that is great for all skin tones so that is a definite plus for me.
5) Mac lustre in Venus – I love Mac lipsticks they dominate my make up kit. They have a great range of colours plus I love the quality. This lipstick is a very pretty pink and is a great option if you want to embrace the pink trend but rather something very subtle as opposed to the other lipstick picks. Its a shimmery sheer lipstick and feels great on the lips leaving them feeling really soft.
6) Mac Amplified in Fusion Pink – This lipstick is a deep bright pink and definitely one of my favourites and again great for most skin tones. It has a sheen to it and feels amazing on the lips and lasts some time. Its definitely more on the glamourous side of pink for those who want to rock the pink trend but want to stay away from the neon’s. A must have.
Remember not all pink lipsticks will suit all skintones and try before you buy to make sure the colour is right for you.
Hope you enjoyed my post. x