If you follow the hair and make up trends on the catwalk and magazines you will notice that 60’s make up and hair is back but with a modern twist.
So Fashion Week season is over and a key lipstick trend is berry, dark red and a deep purple. In most of my recent photo shoots clients are wanting these colours. The berry lips or stained look is so on trend. And to give more pop add a clear lip gloss over the lipstick.
To achieve the lipstick trends here are the brands:
Mac Cosmetics: Cyber (deep purple), Dubbonet (deep red) , Hang-Up and Dark Side (berry)
Bobbi Brown: Blackberry
Revlon: Dark Cherry
L’Oreal: Blushing Berry
Nars: Russian Doll
Maybelline: Berry Brillant
Hope you enjoy the post.
Fashion Week Trends Spring/Summer 2013
I am loving the trends that we saw on the catwalk for 2013. There are key trends that stood out from the shows and some very cool looks. In my recent beauty shoots I have been incorporating the make up and nail trends like the alterantive french mani and pops of colour on the eyes and metallics.
There were quite a few key trends that rocked the shows but each unique in their own way. What stood out to me was the strong focus on the skin in a lot of the shows, foundation was light creating luminous skin.
1) Dewy skin where the make up is so natural just enhancing the model’s features, a little bit of blush, not much mascara and a nude lip.
2) Pops of colour on the eyes, lips and nails and make up artists getting creative by giving something extra to the make up as seen in Dior and Fendi.
3) 60’s inspired make up with bold eyebrows
4) Beautiful lush lashes paired with dewy skin as seen in Gucci
6) Red lips were seen all over the catwalk in all shades. I recently did a beauty job recreating this look with beautiful skin, nude eyes and a red lip.
7) Eyeliner and definition under the eyes was key on the catwalk love these looks