I love discovering new products and new brands. I got my hands on a few polishes from Toy Nail Polish a brand new nail polish brand to hit SA last month and I am loving the colours. The Colombian brand Toy which means Two of You started when a lady called Carolina Palapez decided to launch her own business and took the social media world by storm promoting thie brand and sharing tips, news and trends with her followers. The products are not tested on animals, free from commonly used toxic ingredients including formaldehyde, toluene, camphor and acetone. The bottles are made from recycled glass and the packaging is from bleach free craft paper.
Toy Nail Polish dries really quickly with the first coat in about 50 seconds and second coat in a minute and a half and then a top coat so Toy promise that your nail will be dry in about 7 minutes.
I tested out the Toy Maaji nail polish in Blueberry Moon seen below is a beautiful bright matt blue shade. The brush applies easily without any streaking and 2 coats is more than enough. I also love the idea that its economically friendly.
There are 29 colours available in SA retailing at R99 from nudes, pastels, brights and shimmer polishes as well as the Diamond Cocktail top coat. Toy Nail Polish will be releasing new polishes every 2 months to ensure that they match global trends and this month there will be the arrival of some new additions.
There are some stockists in Cape Town and Joburg already but if you want to be part of the Toy team their philosophy is you can buy stock and then sell to friends and make a little business for yourself which is a great little side business if you love all things beauty.
Here are the stockists of Toy Nail Polish:
- Coco Li in Cape Quarter and Paddocks Centre, Cape Town
- Madison Boutique in Constantia, Cape Town
- May Boutique in Stellenbosh, Cape Town
- Sherbert Angel in Parkhurst, Joburg
- Simply French in Nicoleway Centre, Joburg
- Palme in BluBird Shopping Centre, Joburg
- Egality in Parkhurst, Joburg
Hope you enjoyed the post. x
Its that time of the week again where I share something I am loving when it comes to nails. Nails Inc have launched these really cool Feather polishes in a few colours. I got my hands on the York shade which is orange and white feather flakes and a clear polish. Its a pretty and fun polish and a great way to work the nail art trend.
What I also like about this polish is you can add on top of another shade. I have just applied the polish as is onto my nails and its fun without being too much during the day. I painted one coat but for a fuller coverage paint 2/3 coats.
So starting from today every Monday I will do a Mani Monday post on polishes I love, nail art and trend nails. I didn’t nearly cover enough nails in 2013 and 2014 is all about adding new elements to my blog.
I absoloutely love the Chanel polishes and I especially love the metallic finish of the Rouge Moire in no 595. Its a beautiful deep berry colour which is a perfect work or party polish. The metallic finish is a big trend right now and I am loving it.
Hope you enjoyed my post. Shahnaz x
Inglot O2M Breathable Nail Polish
I am already a big fan of Inglot’s nail polish and there big collection of colours and textures. Now they have introduced some beautiful new Spring colours to their O2M Breathable Nail Polish.
Inglot’s PR kindly sent me two beautiful colours from the range:
The O2m polishes are a unique formulation revolutionising nail polishes through its breathable formula. The polish includes a new polymer KS-02 that is used in contact lenses, the use of this ingredient significantly increases oxygen permeability which allows oxygen and water to pass through the enamel to the nails surface. The total range has 83 colours from neon’s to beautiful pastels and nudes.
Nude polish is so on trend and seen all over SS13 fashion weeks. I love the quality of the O2M polishes they glide onto the nail beautifully and have a beautiful shine to them.
Here are some more colours from the collection brights and neon’s are so on trend perfect to match with a fresh face and a bright lip.
Hope you enjoyed my post. x
A lot of women I meet love make up but don’t have big budgets so I have been continuing my hunt for budget make up that is good quality. I went this week to do some shopping and walked away with a few new purchases. So here are my picks for the week:
1) Catrice Highlighting Powder: Its a very light powder great for creating a natural highlight on your skin. Best applied with fingers. Price R59.95.
2) Catrice Eyebrow Filler – This product is great for filling in brows for a more natural look. I applied the filler to my brows and really liked how they look and so easy to apply. Take the brush starting from the inner part of the brow and with upward strokes fill in the brow. Price R39.95
3) Rimmel Waterproof Gel Liner – The product is great the liner glides on so easily. I went for the deep pirple which is Aubergine in no 003. I also love that the gel comes with a little brush, you twist off the top part of the cap and voila there is your brush. The brush is easy to use so you don’t have to worry about going out to buy and eyeliner brush to apply this product. Price R64.95
4) L.A Girl Nail Polish – My manicurist told me about this nail polish so I decided to buy a couple of the nude colours. It just goes to show that you don’t have to spend a fortune on nail polish. The polish gildes on beautifully and doesn’t smear like some do. Definetly a winner for me. Price R32.95
If you have any great budget picks to share please post in the comments box.
Hope you enjoyed my post.x
Nude nails is a big trend in around the world we saw them in so many shows for Spring Summer 2013. On recent shoots I have been asked to do a nude nail especially if there is a lot going on with the make up and clothes. There are so many brands and nude colours to choose from. If you read my Nails Inc post recently they have the neon and nude collection with 3 nude colours from caramel to taupe. So following on from that I wanted to share my nude nail polish picks:
I was sent this gorgeous Nails Inc collection to review. Two of the biggest nail trends neon and nude have been incorporated into the Nails Inc Collection. With 3 nude colours and 3 neon colours named after London Streets. I love the quality of the polishes and to keep the polish on longer make sure you use a base coat and top coat. I tested the neon pink colour for my Elle Magazine SA Shoot and loved it will post the pic next month when the issue is out. Here are the colours:
1) Nottinghill – Pink Neon
2)Portobello – Coral Neon
3) Westbourne Grove – Neon yellow/orange
4) Jermyn Street – Perfect Taupe
5) Porchester Square – Muted Mushroom
6) Cadogan Square – Classic Camel
Here is the colours on my nails:
My favourite colours are the Cadogan Square its a beautiful nude colour and for the brights the Portobello. This collection is great for all skin tones and the nudes are great for winter and the neon’s perfect for summer. The collection retails for R225 in SA available in selected Edgar’s and Red Square Stores and if you are UK based it retails at £22.
Hope you enjoy the post. x
Ciate not only has a beautiful selection of colours but they are also known for their innovative kits. We previously saw Caviar and Velvet Nails. Now they have introduced Colourfoils. Love this and can’t wait to add to my ever growing nail collection.