Nude nails is a big trend in around the world we saw them in so many shows for Spring Summer 2013. On recent shoots I have been asked to do a nude nail especially if there is a lot going on with the make up and clothes. There are so many brands and nude colours to choose from. If you read my Nails Inc post recently they have the neon and nude collection with 3 nude colours from caramel to taupe. So following on from that I wanted to share my nude nail polish picks:
I was sent this gorgeous Nails Inc collection to review. Two of the biggest nail trends neon and nude have been incorporated into the Nails Inc Collection. With 3 nude colours and 3 neon colours named after London Streets. I love the quality of the polishes and to keep the polish on longer make sure you use a base coat and top coat. I tested the neon pink colour for my Elle Magazine SA Shoot and loved it will post the pic next month when the issue is out. Here are the colours:
1) Nottinghill – Pink Neon
2)Portobello – Coral Neon
3) Westbourne Grove – Neon yellow/orange
4) Jermyn Street – Perfect Taupe
5) Porchester Square – Muted Mushroom
6) Cadogan Square – Classic Camel
Here is the colours on my nails:
My favourite colours are the Cadogan Square its a beautiful nude colour and for the brights the Portobello. This collection is great for all skin tones and the nudes are great for winter and the neon’s perfect for summer. The collection retails for R225 in SA available in selected Edgar’s and Red Square Stores and if you are UK based it retails at £22.
Hope you enjoy the post. x
The nail trend grows stronger and I am loving the nails in the shows so far. We are seeing all sorts of trends from nude’s, white, neon’s, red’s and all kinds of nail art from glitter ,lace to jewels.
Nude nails are back in a big way.
2) The glitter effect is easy to do at home apply a clear coat and sprinkle gliiter on the tips. Or alternatively paint the nails a colour and then apply glitter to the whole nail.
3) Adding jewels/stones is a great way to bling up your look. Apply the stones to the nail polish when wet and then add a top coat.
3) Two tone nails. Paint the lighter colour on the nail. Wait till the polish is completely dry then with a make sponge apply a tiny amount of the darker colour and lightly sponge on the tip to the middle. Wait to dry and then apply a top coat.
4) The latest trend in nails is the lace effect stick on nails. lace has been cut to shape and then applied to the wet nail polish.
5) Created at fashion week using 5 different essie colours mixed together.
6) Nail art where one nail is different to the rest. (Seen in London Fashion Week) Paint the nails and then for the finger you choose to do the nail art wait until completely dry. either use an acrylic striper or a nail art pen to create your design.
7) Again another look from fashion week where a maix of colours have been used with stripers and dotted colours all over the nails.
8) Neon and bright colour nail polish are going to be big over the next few months. Try the alternative french mani using bright colours. Paint the nail in one coour and then when completely dry either with a free hand or using french tip stickers to create the tip.
9) Half moon is still a very big trend as well as red polish so incorporate the two as seen below again from Fashion Week.
Hope you enjoy the post.