In this video I show you how to create a trend Summer trend look with beautiful bronzed skin paired with a bright orange lip. The orange lip is another big trend for SS14 and there is no perfect way then to create it using my favourite the Mac Morange. In the summer months this look is really beautiful and definitely a perfect holiday look.
In this video I used:
Nars luminous Skin Moisturiser
Smashbox HD Liquid Halo Foundation
Mac Pro Conceal & Correct Palette
Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightner
Chanel I’Illusion D’Ombre
Urban Decay Naked Palette using Buck
Smashbox Brow Tech
Shu Umera lash Curler
Charlotte Tilbury Fat Lashes
Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar and Glow
Nars Blush in Luster
Mac Lip Pencil in Ablaze
Mac Lipstick in Morange
Mac Prep & Prime Translucent Finishing Powder
I have been filming some make up video’s in studio and this is the first of them its all about how to do the perfecr red lip. The channel is called Mumspiration on Youtube and its about inspiring young mum’s. I am featuing video’s every Friday at 11 am so hope you enjoy.
The red lip is a massive trend and I show you how to do the perfect lip and to create a whole look to go with it:
Hope you enjoy the tutorial.
On my shoot yesterday for Elle magazine the brief was dewy almost plastic like looking skin and well basically that’s one of my favourite things. I love flawless beautiful dewy skin with a shine and a highlight. But in order to achieve it no matter what you need is great skincare. So today I used 5 key products to create the dewy skin with some shine:
1) Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream: This cream really is magic and is perfect for that dewy skin and give the skin a boost and some love. Sadly not available in SA so another alternative is the Dr Haushka Day Rose Cream. I love a rich cream especially if your skin is dehydrated and having break outs and generally needs a boost.
2) Smashbox Liquid Halo Foundation: I just can’t get anough of this foundation its the perfect canvas for natural beautiful dewy skin. It doesn’t look heavy and lasts for quite a few hours we used on set and it was crazy hot and the foundation was still on the skin and I only had to do one more application throughout 9 hours so a great foundation in the hot climate too.
3) Mac Pro/Conceal and Correct Palette: If you don’t have pigmentation, redness or bad skin then you don’t have to stress so much about concealer except under your eyes or around your mouth. This concealer goes beautifully with the foundation to create a beautiful canvas. To get a seamless dewy finish lightly buff the concealer with a blending brush onto areas that need coverage.
4) Mac Lighstcape Mineralise Skinfinish: Love love love for a dewy highlighted skin. On the shoot I had to pack it on but for every day lightly buff in the highlighter on the top of your cheek bones, bridge of the nose and cupids bow.
5) Elizabeth Arden 8HR Cream: This cream is perfect to create that natural shine to the skin without being sticky like a gloss. It makes the skin look so beautiful and gives an amazing shine to the skin. Lightly apply with finger tips over the highlighter on top of the cheek bones. Also apply on lips to give the same finish on the lips.
So get busy getting your glow on.
This is a trend I really love and there are so many ways to work this trend from the dramatic midnight blue smokey eye, to the colbalt blue liner or a safer option of blue mascara. Either way all the looks really are beautiful and easy to achieve.
Colour is a big trend this season but sometimes the colours may be too bright or too bold. Blue is great way to try out colour and it looks pretty amazing on most skin tones.
Here are some products to help you achieve the trend blue look:
Products and Application Tips:
- Lancome Artliner 24HR: Launches in February 14 I absolutely love this liquid liner it glides on beautifully to create that perfect winged out look.
- Urban Decay Eye Pencil in Chaos: Sadly not available in SA. I love the brand and I love their eye pencils they are so easy to apply and glide on beautifully to create a cat eye or just add a pop into the waterline to give a little edge to your make up look.
- Top Shop Liquid Liner in Nightfall: A great budget buy I am a big fan of Topshop make up and the liners are great quality. This shade is a draker blue if the bright blue shades are too much.
- Mac Fluidline in Waveline: A great product to create a modern graphic eye or a winged out look. Apply with a small angle brush. Also can be used as a base for a smokey eye so apply on the lid up to the crease and then apply your brighter blue eyeshadow on top this will really make your colour pop.
- Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24HR Metal in Electric Blue: The best budget cream eyeshadows out there. Love this colour and love the texture. Its so easy to apply just take a flat brush and apply onto the lid and up to the crease and then blend in at the crease line so you have smooth edges. Its as simple as that.
- Mac Eye Pencil in Hi-Def Cyan: A bright turquoise eye pencil and a great way to really embrace the summer trends. Apply as a liner on the upper lash line and wing out if your wing is not pointy enough then take a cosmetic bud and create the shape you desire by wiping away with the bud.
- Mac Eyeshadow in Electric Eel: A beautiful bright eyeshadow. Remember when applying a shadow you need to prep the eye first don’t apply the shadow straight onto the lid as it won’t stay. To really make the colour pop apply a black gel liner onto the lid up to the crease and then apply the shadow on top with a flat brush and then blend in the crease. Your colour will really stand out.
Hope you enjoyed my post. x
Summer is almost upon us in Cape Town and I am very happy I no longer live in cold London (even though I miss my mates and the shopping). Its the season for bright lips and to embrace the key trends. I have gotten my hands on some amazing lipsticks from some amazing brands but have also been impressed by the more budget brands. For me there is nothing prettier or on trend then a flawless fresh face with a bright lip and just lots of mascara on the lashes. I have included the new Chanel SS Collection out 27th Jan and the Micheal Kors lipstick will be out mid December.
So here are my picks:
Rimmel Apocolips in no 303 Apocoliptic: This is a great budget lipstick and was winner in the UK magazine Company beauty awards. The applicator makes this lipstick easy to apply it glides on beautifully and is highly pigmented plus it feels really hydrating on the lips.
Obsessive Compulsive Lip Tar in Anine: I love this product especially when I am on a shoot. This is a great bright lip colour for this summer trends. Only a little product is needed and make sure to line the lips first to prevent bleeding of the product and pop on some lip balm to keep your lips hydrated before adding any of the lip tar.
Mac Lipstick in Lady Danger: One of the icon lipsticks at Mac I am a big fan of this shade. Its on the more orange side of red so if red is too bold a colour then this is a great shade to rock the Summer bright lip trend. Its a creamy texture with no shimmer and is a great shade for the paler complexions. Love it
Estee Lauder Pure Colour Melting Sun Laquer no 6: If you are frightened to go for a lip that is too bold and too bright this is a great option to still rock the bright lip trend. Its a gloss so it has a pretty finish and is a beautiful orange shade so perfect with a bronzed contoured face and lots of mascara.
Micheal Kors Sexy Bomshell Laquer: This lipstick will be launched mid December I got my hands on this lipstick and I absoloutely love the colour. Firstly it smells amazing it has a citrus smell so big plus and it glides on so smoothly. Give it a couple of coats to get the full colour and when its on your lips it feels so moisturising plus I really love the packaging.
Rouge Allure Velvet Chanel La Diva in no 44: LOVE LOVE this colour. This lipstick is from the new SS collection launching in SA on 27th Jan. I went to the launch last week and got my hands on this beautiful lipstick as well as the lip pencil. Its a bright matt lip but doesn’t dry the lips out. I love this colour with a fresh clean face and lots of highlighting on the face.
Tom Ford Lipstick in no 15 Wild Ginger: I absoloutely love this lipstick and the packaging. Yes it is expensive but its Tom Ford. I was sent this lipstick as a congratulations so am one lucky lady. The texture is beautiful and so luxurious and its a beautiful shade of orange. Fill your brows to complete the look with some contouring and a liquid foundation to give that beautiful dewy finish.
Hope you enjoyed my post. x
Recently I did a shoot up the West Coast and I got to do a modern graphic eye and instead of using black I went with a purple/blue gel liner for the lids which makes it much cooler. To create the eye you need a long wearing gel liner and an angle brush to create your shape. So here is how I created the look and the products I used:
- For the face I prepped the skin with Nars Luminous Moisture Cream to make sure the skin was glowing even before I applied any make up.
- I buffed in Bobbi Brown Stick Foundation using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I love using this foundation as it gives great coverage and lasts much longer on the skin. It was a hot day so I wanted the make up to last.
- On the eyes I used Mac Fluidline in Waveline and with the Mac 263 small angle brush I traced the product from the inner corner of the eye along the crease line then I pulled out and upwards, then from the corner of the outer part of the eye I joined the lines creating a triangle shape. Then I took a flat brush and filled in by patting the product on to the eye. Remember if you make a mistake take a cotton bud and some moisturiser and clean up along the lines to make it neat.
- For the brows I used the Mac Brow Pencil in Lingering and then for the lashes I used the Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes.
- I contoured under the cheek bone, along the jaw line and along the top of the forehead with Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate a cheaper alternative is to use a cream foundation 2 shades darker. I highlighted on top of the cheek bones abd along the bridge of the nose and on the cupids bow using Topshop Highlighter Gleam.
- On the cheeks I lightly dusted Mac Blush in Melba.
- Lastly for the lips I kep it nude using Mac Lustre Lipstick in Archetype. Remember to hydrate your lips first before applying your lipstick I am a big fan of Carmex.
I hope you enjoyed my post. x
Elle September issue is out and I did the make up for the photoshoot. The brief was a clean face, definition in the eye and 8 nail changes for every outfit! Here are the products I used to create the look and a step by step on how to re-create:
- Prep your skin with a moisturiser or primer.
- I blended Georgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation all over her face with a buffing brush and concealed under the eyes and where was needed on the face with Mac Pro Conceal/Correct Palette.
- For the highlight I used Kevin Aucoin Celestial Powder and I applied along the top of the cheek bone and along the cupids bow and then I added a clear gloss on top of the cheek bone to catch the light and highlighted under the eyes with Touche Eclat.
- I contoured her face with the Chanel Healthy Glow Powder in no 30 and 40 to create definition and a beautiful glow.
- For the eyes I blended onto the lid up to the crease line Inglot Matt Eyeshadow no 337 and into the crease to add definition I applied the Inglot Matt shadow in no 452.
- I filled the brows in using Mac Brow Pencil in Fling and then applied Gosh Show Me Volume Mascara in Black.
- I kept the lips nude because of the bright outfits and kept the real colour to the nails so that they matched each outfit.
For the nail polishes the main brands used were Inglot as they have a fantastic collection, Nails Inc (neon and nude collection) and Essence for the red putfit in the magazine.
Hope you enjoyed my post. x