The last few months I have been testing out and trying budget liquid foundations so that I could report back on which ones are my favourite ones. Sadly we don’t have a huge range here like in the UK but there is a nice little selection I have come up with.
The Budget Liquid Foundations Picks:
1) Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Foundation R209.95: I absolutely love the Bourjois foundations you know you are in for a winner with any of them. I have currently been using this one and I love the finish, skin looks dewy but not shiny and its packed with vitamin rich ingredients like goji berries, litchi and pomegrantes which deals with anti fatigue and leaves glowing and radiant skin.
2) L’Oreal Lumi Magique R194.95: The Lumi Magique is my most recent purchase and I am absolutely loving it. I had to buy 2 shades Golden Sand and Gold Linen to match my current skin tone as I still have a bit of a tan. I love that the foundation has a pump so no wastage and the foundation just melts beautifully into my skin leaving a glowing natural finish and feels so unbelivably soft. Its a light reflecting foundation with and SPF 15, allowing the radiance of the skin to be recreated as well as great coverage.
3) Revlon ColourStay R200: I saw this foundation being used on a youtube makeup video and wanted to give it a try for myself and see what the hype was all about. Its very lightweight on the skin and you don’t need much product to get coverage a small amount goes a long way. Skin has a beautiful natural finish allowing your skin to shine through which is important for me. My only complaint is that it doesn’t have a pump and its a bit of a mission to get out.
4) Rimmel Match Perfect R139: Another winner for me I absolutely love the finish of this foundation and it really does match my skin tone. Its a perfecting radiance foundation giving the illusion of a flawless finish (remember if you have bad skin you will need to conceal). Great for covering a bit of redness and evening out skintone.
5) Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid R119.95: I am really a big fan of Maybelline and have posted a lot on the products I love and now the Dream Satin Foundation is on my thumbs up list. It applies really easily and has a beautiful finish. Maybelline promise an air whipped foundation with an airbrush finish and I personally have to agree with them. Its lightweight and really does even out skin tone with a medium coverage.
Remember if you have oily skin then these foundations are most likely not for you as they have a luminous dewy finish. If you want the most out of your foundation remember SKINCARE first to really hydrate your skin otherwise you will be disappointed.
February has come and gone and this week I got to play with some new products, discovered budget beauty products and came across some cool video’s. I love when I get to play with new products on set and see how they work and how they look in front of the camera with all the lights.
So here is my week’s beauty products highlights:
1) I came across the latest Lisa Eldridge video on face masks, what the different ones are for and why Lisa loves them. I love Lisa’s video’s as she shares about products extensively and for me there is nothing better than getting a recommendation. Skincare is a big thing for me and discovering new beauty products and ways I can use them for myself and on model’s is always a big plus. Also if its good enough for Lisa its good enough for me.
2) I finally properly tested the Smashbox Eyes BB cream on my beauty shoot with the gorgeous Hilda who is one of the faces of Lancome worldwide and I love it. I did post about it last week as a new discovery and I have yet to review it promise will be next week but it glides on beautifully under the eyes and doesn’t crease and brightens up the under eye area.
3) I have been working my way through budget foundations so that I can post about the best ones and I came across the Rimmel Perfect Match Foundation. I love that it has a pump so there is no wastage and I love the texture. It leaves a natural dewy finish and one pump pretty much covers your whole face.
4) Its not beauty related but I got to be in the fashion jury for Grazia SA which is pretty cool. I got in the the make up industry as I am a lover of fashion and wanted to be part of it in some way and doing make up was a perfect fit. So being featured in the magazine and giving my opinion on celebrities fashion was fun.
And that concludes my week’s take on new and exciting beauty products.
Hope you all had a great week.
A lot of women I meet love make up but don’t have big budgets so I have been continuing my hunt for budget make up that is good quality. I went this week to do some shopping and walked away with a few new purchases. So here are my picks for the week:
1) Catrice Highlighting Powder: Its a very light powder great for creating a natural highlight on your skin. Best applied with fingers. Price R59.95.
2) Catrice Eyebrow Filler – This product is great for filling in brows for a more natural look. I applied the filler to my brows and really liked how they look and so easy to apply. Take the brush starting from the inner part of the brow and with upward strokes fill in the brow. Price R39.95
3) Rimmel Waterproof Gel Liner – The product is great the liner glides on so easily. I went for the deep pirple which is Aubergine in no 003. I also love that the gel comes with a little brush, you twist off the top part of the cap and voila there is your brush. The brush is easy to use so you don’t have to worry about going out to buy and eyeliner brush to apply this product. Price R64.95
4) L.A Girl Nail Polish – My manicurist told me about this nail polish so I decided to buy a couple of the nude colours. It just goes to show that you don’t have to spend a fortune on nail polish. The polish gildes on beautifully and doesn’t smear like some do. Definetly a winner for me. Price R32.95
If you have any great budget picks to share please post in the comments box.
Hope you enjoyed my post.x