Last year we saw the launch of the new Bioderma range that focuses on pigmentation for a day and night time skin routine. Earlier this year they introduced the Bioderma Pigmentbio C-Concentrate making the range even more exciting. The concentrate is a night time corrective brightening serum that targets discolouration and pigmentation. I suffer from bad pigmentation so anything that can help me I am willing to try. I actually noticed that in the last 6 years living in South Africa my pigmentation has actually gotten worse. Vitamin C is the key to helping fight against pigmentation and its one ingredient I can’t live without.
For those of you who haven’t tried the Bioderma Pigmentbio range check check out my post here. The range has got an amazing Micellar Water for brightening and the Night Renew is amazing. Combine these two products with the Bioderma Pigmentbio C-Concentrate (R400) for your night skin routine and you will wake up with soft radiant skin in the morning.
So what’s the Bioderma Pigmentbio C-Concentrate all about?
The concentrate is an intensive dark spot treatment with powerful AHA, BHA and Fresh Vitamin C. Pigmentbio C-Concentrate offers a skin-peel effect to brighten and correct dark spots, while remaining gentle on skin. The serum actually has a unique Vitamin C dispenser contained in the lid. Only when you click the button does it release and then mixes in with ther rest of the ingredients. Dermastore have a video showing us how its done:
The concentrate is super light and absorbs quickly into the skin. My skin feels super soft the next day I literally can’t stop touching it.
- Glycolic Acid which helps to resurface skin texture and improve skin luminosity and dullness.
- 2% Vitamin C that’s in the form of Ascorbyl Glucoside (which makes it a slow release agent) is an antioxidant and skin brightner.
- Salicylic Acid (BHA) exfoliates, refines pores and helps to reduce the formation of acne.
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) improves skin elasticity, pigmentation and enhances skin barrier function.
- Azelaic Acid has mildly exfoliating and potent anti-inflammatory properties, promoting a clear and even complexion.
- Licorice Root Extract is a skin brightner and helps stop the forming of new pigmentation.
- Vitamin E and Kelp Extract are potent antioxidants that help the skin against free radicals and outside stressors, as well as reduce moisture loss to the skin.
Bioderma advise to use the one month treatment for up to 3 months. I definitely need to invest to carry on a full treatment as for me one month just isn’t enough. Apply 5 drops each night and use every three months for best results.
As I mentioned earlier the sun has damaged my skin. When the lock down finishes I am booked in to have a two part intense pigment peel. Plus with the Bioderma Pigmentbio C-Concentrate I am hoping for amazing looking skin. What I can say so far is that my skin texture is amazing and I am really happy with my skin radiance. The fight against pigmentation has been hard for me. Although I haven’t got any new pigmentation either so thats’s good news. Its definitely a product worth checking out. Remember Vitamin C is key for your skincare routine.
Available in selected Clicks, Dischem and available on the amazing online skin store Dermastore.