The last few months I have been testing out and trying budget liquid foundations so that I could report back on which ones are my favourite ones. Sadly we don’t have a huge range here like in the UK but there is a nice little selection I have come up with.
The Budget Liquid Foundations Picks:
1) Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Foundation R209.95: I absolutely love the Bourjois foundations you know you are in for a winner with any of them. I have currently been using this one and I love the finish, skin looks dewy but not shiny and its packed with vitamin rich ingredients like goji berries, litchi and pomegrantes which deals with anti fatigue and leaves glowing and radiant skin.
2) L’Oreal Lumi Magique R194.95: The Lumi Magique is my most recent purchase and I am absolutely loving it. I had to buy 2 shades Golden Sand and Gold Linen to match my current skin tone as I still have a bit of a tan. I love that the foundation has a pump so no wastage and the foundation just melts beautifully into my skin leaving a glowing natural finish and feels so unbelivably soft. Its a light reflecting foundation with and SPF 15, allowing the radiance of the skin to be recreated as well as great coverage.
3) Revlon ColourStay R200: I saw this foundation being used on a youtube makeup video and wanted to give it a try for myself and see what the hype was all about. Its very lightweight on the skin and you don’t need much product to get coverage a small amount goes a long way. Skin has a beautiful natural finish allowing your skin to shine through which is important for me. My only complaint is that it doesn’t have a pump and its a bit of a mission to get out.
4) Rimmel Match Perfect R139: Another winner for me I absolutely love the finish of this foundation and it really does match my skin tone. Its a perfecting radiance foundation giving the illusion of a flawless finish (remember if you have bad skin you will need to conceal). Great for covering a bit of redness and evening out skintone.
5) Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid R119.95: I am really a big fan of Maybelline and have posted a lot on the products I love and now the Dream Satin Foundation is on my thumbs up list. It applies really easily and has a beautiful finish. Maybelline promise an air whipped foundation with an airbrush finish and I personally have to agree with them. Its lightweight and really does even out skin tone with a medium coverage.
Remember if you have oily skin then these foundations are most likely not for you as they have a luminous dewy finish. If you want the most out of your foundation remember SKINCARE first to really hydrate your skin otherwise you will be disappointed.