Right now I am so into wearing bright colours and Red lipstick is just one of those shades that has that wow factor, makes you look fresh and awake and also can make you look younger. Often when I am looking tired I reach for my red lippie and my face is transformed.
Its a big trend colour year on year and a big trend with celebrities for the red carpet, and looks amazing with a dewy face, some contouring and lashings of mascara.
Here are a few of my favourite reds:
1) Mac just know how to create iconic amazing lipsticks with beautiful textures that most pro makeup artists have in their kit. My first favourite is Mac Ruby Woo, it’s a matt bright red that looks amazing on and has great staying power.
2) Elizabeth Arden is a brand that has taken me by surprise, the Beautiful Colour Moisturising Lipstick in Red Door Red has a beautiful sheen to the lips and is super hydrating with ingredients like Shea Butter, Vitamin A, C and E.
3) Revlon Matt lipsticks are definitely a big fav of mine and the Revlon Really Red is a beautiful matt bright lipstick that won’t break the bank and looks amazing on.
4) Chanel has to be included in the list cause you got to have a Chanel lippie in your makeup bag right? I do love a matt lip its more modern and your lipstick lasts longer. I absolutely love the Chanel Rouge Velvet in 317 La Precieuse. Its a bit of a cherry red that looks amazing on most skin tones.
5) Lastly the Mac Russian Red, its a bold matt red that lasts for hours and its just amazing on especially on dark skin tones.
What’s your favourite red lipstick?