So its not rocket science with the beauty tips I am going to share but there are some ladies out there that still struggle with their beauty regime and make up application etc. So here are my top tips:
- Exfoliate 2/3 times a week. This is key for a flawless complexion as it removes the dead skin and gives a beautiful glow if done regularly.
- Moisturise day and night. This step cannot be missed as you need to keep skin hydrated. If you suffer from dry skin then chuck on a night serum too. Make sure you know what skin type you are and use the right moisturiser.
- When choosing your foundation make sure that is matches your chest area as so many women have a paler face than the rest of their body. Go for a foundation a shade darker then to make sure everything matches and blend the foundation into your neckline.
- Always wear SPF winter or summer some foundations have an SPF but they are never that high. Go for a light fluid sunscreen.
- For a luminous glow then add a little bit of a shimmer cream like Mac strobe cream mixed in with your foundation to cheat that healthy glow.
- When applying blush don’t smile beacuse as we get older everything sags and then once the blush has been applied its at the bottom of the face and not on your cheeks. Apply on the apples of your cheeks working upwards towards the top of the cheek bone.
- When it comes to applying powder eyeshadow you need to set your eyes first with either a primer, foundation or a cream based shadow otherwise the shadow will not last on your lids.
- Highlighting for me is essential for a luminous glow remember when highlighting apply on top of the brow bone, along the bridge of your nose and on your cupids bow.
- Blending is something you need to practice so make sure you first have the right brush go for a Mac 217 brush as it really makes your life so much easier. When blending be light handed and sweep the brush across your crease line like a windscreen wiper. Remember to dust off the excess on the back of your hands before applying.
- For the older ladies go for matt eyesdahows and not shimmery eyeshshadows as the shimmer highlights the wrinkles!!!
- Make sure you apply a finishing powder in your T-Zone so you are not shiny in the places you don’t want to be and remember don’t miss the sides of your nostrils.
- When buying lipstick don’t test on the back of your hand make sure you try on to see if it suits you.
That’s it for now. Will be posting more beauty tips each week!!!