OIne of my best girlfriends is getting marredd in July and of course my gift to her is doing her hair and makeup. Kate is in England and I am here in Cape Town so all the planning has to be done by mail. My top advice to her was start getting your skin wedding prepped and start it now. Her response and she is 43 was “what do you mean exfoliate 3 times a week”. Its so common that a large amount of women I come across literally have no clue when it comes to skincare. So this post is all about what face products we use and how much.
Before I bang on and on about how many times a week its also important we know how much to use of each product. Most of the time a little goes a long way especially when it comes to the under eye area. My lovely facial therapist posted on her instagram this morning this pic and after chatting to kate well it had to be my next blog post. Its so confusing on what to use and only until I started blogging did I have some kind of clue what to do.
The pic above shows us how much of each product we should be applying to our face. Now don’t stress you don’t have to use all of these every day. Masks and exfoliators aren’t every day but should be part of your beauty regime 2/3 times per week. If you are feeling totally at a loss at how much product you need to use then this is the amounts you need to be using. In terms of how much here is what you should be doing:
- Cleanse twice a day you need to make sure you face is squeaky clean before you apply any other products.
- If you use a toner then apply a few drops to your cottom wool pad and do this step twice a day.
- Skin Serum you can get away with just the mornings although there are ones for night too. Apply the product by pressing into your skin into tjhe areas you are targeting.
- Eye Cream can be once or twice a day but mornings are key to brightening and hydrating that under eye area. I promise you it will make your concealer application so much easier.
- Moisturiser definitely twice a day but you need a day and a night one.
- Exfoliator three times a week. Its key you remove those dead skin cells to brighten up your complexion and makw sure the active ingredients you use really get deep into your dermis.
- Mask can be two to three times a week but make sure you do this step it makes a the world of difference on your skin. I have a few for different skin concerns and use different ones depending on what’s happening with my skin.
It can be so overwhelming when it comes to skincare because there are so many brands and different products. Plus it does add up cost wise. A skincare routine is so important especially as you get older. I only really started taking it seriously in my 30’s. What ever age you are you need to get on it. Women’s Health offer a more in depth article on what to use and how much click here to read.